Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The unbearable Lightness of Being...

federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky...Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
edited August 2018 in General Banter

Hotel California. I utterly detest that song with a passion. I have been known to walk out of an eaterie playing it, until it ended, then going back in, and politely asking them to please switch the CD....
It destroys my calm, shatters my peaceful meandering and mocks my transitory existence.
I would wish it unwritten.
I hated it from the first instant I heard it. It is my Room 101.
Yet this is entirely trivial and inconsequential to the continued turning of the Earth round the Sun.

Anyone else have a thing that sends shudders down their spine and causes their jaws to frustratedly clench, but that to others, is banal and un-noteworthy...?

Vimalajāti

Comments

• VimalajātiVimalajāti Whitby, Ontario Veteran

The feeling of oreo cookies being crushed by my teeth.

• lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited August 2018

Anyone else have a thing that sends shudders down their spine and causes their jaws to frustratedly clench, but that to others, is banal and un-noteworthy...?

Donald Trump o:)

Warning contains extreme alternative facts

I will be in the Buddhist Detox area if anyone needs anything ....

Bunksyagrherbertofederica
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@lobster, things, not people... Oh... Wait.....

Shoshinlobsteryagrherberto
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@Vimalajāti said:
    The feeling of oreo cookies being crushed by my teeth.

Oooo yes! People biting ice sets me off.

My older brother bites his fork when he eats....that sound of metal on teeth is very unpleasant.

"Is the noise disturbing you or are you disturbing the noise?" Ajahn Chah

• GuiGui Veteran
    edited August 2018

Anything by the Eagles. I agree with Federica. I remember driving to Colorado from Baltimore with an Eagles fan and one Pink Floyd cassette and one Eagles cassette. Pure torture. In a '72 Pinto no less.

yagrBunks
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    edited August 2018

I guess it varies quite a bit depending on my particular mood. But people not cleaning up after themselves seems to get to me pretty regularly.

Oh wait, I know. Taking up more than one parking space. Yeah, just a god awful travesty against all that is holy and good.

federicaShoshin
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

On that (kinda) subject: Evidently, obviously non-disabled people parking in a Disabled parking space, or using a Disabled toilet. You don't know just how effing lucky you are, you inconsiderate piece of crap, to actually not really need those facilities. They're not a privilege, they're an aid.
    WuckFit.

lobster
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited August 2018

Do not laugh at the afflicted ... wait ... interlude ...

and now back to hatred ... o:)

• I used to loathe Jennifer Rush - The Power Of Love, like you I would leave a pub/restaurant or switch a radio off rather than listen to it.

Then I actually listened to the words and think it’s a lovely poem set to bad music. It actually moved me to tears the first time I heard the lyrics, I couldn’t talk for about two minutes.

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

@federica said:

Samsara and Dukkha comes a close second...

person
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

All I wanna to do is make love to you by Heart.

1989 - I was working outdoors with my cousin over summer before starting uni.

The radio would play that song EVERY hour without fail.

I still remember the feeling of disdain like it was yesterday......

• Tibetan Temple music is more discordant than [insert bagpipes, heavy metal, experimental punk, jazz etc of your choice] I don't mind it.

I was living with a group of volunteers. One played Bob Dylan all the time. Sounded discordant to me. Go mad or learn to appreciate. I learned to love Dylan ...

person

@FairyFeller said:
    I used to loathe Jennifer Rush - The Power Of Love, like you I would leave a pub/restaurant or switch a radio off rather than listen to it.

Then I actually listened to the words and think it’s a lovely poem set to bad music. It actually moved me to tears the first time I heard the lyrics, I couldn’t talk for about two minutes.

Oh my goodness. Yes!! I too would like to find something nice to say about it, but I am of the same sentiment, song-wise! The dislike is compounded by my having watched a Top of the Pops video of her singing, all misty camera, pouting duck-face with miles too much lipgloss. Ugh.

• @federica said:

@FairyFeller said:
    I used to loathe Jennifer Rush - The Power Of Love, like you I would leave a pub/restaurant or switch a radio off rather than listen to it.

Oh my goodness. Yes!! I too would like to find something nice to say about it, but I am of the same sentiment, song-wise! The dislike is compounded by my having watched a Top of the Pops video of her singing, all misty camera, pouting duck-face with miles too much lipgloss. Ugh.

I’ve been watching TotP 1985 recently and it was featured in just about every episode for a couple of months, I think that might be where I developed my intense dislike for it as well. Now we’re on to 1986 and it’s thankfully moved on.