Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

... and then there were Nun ...

lobsterlobster Veteran
edited August 2018 in Meditation

The inevitable benefits?

What happens when none is left?

Unity Attained:

Who dares to equal him
Who falls into neither being nor non-being!
All men want to leave
The current of ordinary life,
But he, after all, comes back
To sit among the coals and ashes.

https://dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=29215

Comments

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran
    edited August 2018

An interesting subject for the meditation on death. I assume that because she is sitting in Lotus posture that she is a nun?

And the dharma wheel topic on post-realisation practice, it seems that practicing post the realisation of death is tricky :)

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

She looks for all the world as if she is laughing at us; laughing at our futile and foolish insistence and belief that we will always remain young, beautiful and intact and that even after death, we shall not wither or disintegrate but remain as we are...
    I have joined her in the wise mirth of one who knows, although I am as foolish as she thinks I am...
    Tea with Yama beckons...
    1 lump or two...?

lobster
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Incidentally, @lobster, could you give a source for the photo? I am interested in reading the background if there is one...?

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

@lobster said:

The first thing that comes to mind is patience ...

Jeffrey
  • Don't have an image source, sorry. Used a search engine.

Even Buddhas die (in this very body, in this very life)

Even those who find the far shore are only temporary residents

http://newbuddhist.com/discussion/14410/tibetan-zombies-or-rolang

• personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

Thanks for that, one of my all time favorite posts. B)

• kandokando northern Ireland Veteran

Great image @lobster - definitely going to find it's way into a montage :)

• We attach to a bag of bones. If it suddenly crumbled to dust, would we still retain interest?

What is the none-nun? In other words, what is the experience/being of emptiness?
    https://emptinessteachings.com/2012/11/03/consciousness-is-empty-and-so-is-love/