Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Found this...

federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky...Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

...And thought it an interesting exercise in Mind-viewing.... If there is indeed, such a thing...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/portraits_of_the_mind

elcra1goJeroenperson

Comments

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I enjoyed that, it’s a little peek into how people see themselves. I thought it was interesting that the theme of mental health came forward so strongly, it seems to be very impactful and determining for those who have contacted it.

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Interesting....it also shows how some people can view their mind in pictures. I couldn't possibly do that.

• kandokando northern Ireland Veteran

What interested me was how different the drawings were to how the person felt. Not all of them, but most. The people who were more self aware and in touch with their feelings were more like their drawings, artist eye view here! Thank you for posting this @federica, I'm passing it on to some friends who work with art as therapy :)

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

To be honest, I think mine would be different on any given day....
    Of course, if we were TRULY 'Buddhist' our Mind would look like this....

kando
  • RojehoRojeho CT Explorer

That was really fascinating @federica I identify with a lot of those folks. I believe my practice, and what the Buddha teaches focuses you. What happened was, I was searching for how to quiet/slow my racing thoughts, which led me to meditation, then to mindfulness, and a box was opened that led me to know exactly what I needed to do. I was too so distracted with the world and what the world thought of me. It is kind of debilitating and imprisoning when your thoughts are the perception of what others think. The practice helps you to realize, we are one, and those other thoughts, well they're actually yours, and guess what else? They don't really matter. That's the thing, what frees you. There was a lot of strength in the words of those folks. It is the seekers that find. Peace

lobsterkando
  • Well said Rojeho. <3

We are not the thoughts of others. Others are the reflections of how we shine.

Our form is just a cocoon ...

RojehoKundo