Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Hurricane Florence

ShoshinShoshin No one in particularNowhere Special Veteran

Stay safe all those living in the areas of where Hurricane Florence is meant to hit....It's a biggy .....

lobsterBunks

Comments

• kandokando northern Ireland Veteran

Second that @Shoshin, it looks very nasty!

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Mother Nature snaps Her finger and the lives of many thousands can change in an instant...

It would seem being forewarned of hurricanes, monster storms and the like, by the media, can create fear, anxiety & panic.... expectation being the culprit ..unlike the suddenness of earthquakes where panic seems to be the first symptom...

Maintaining one's practice is very important in times of crises...any crises....

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

In the Philippines it’s typhoon mongpong at the moment or so I hear, I have an uncle who built a house there...

Climate change ...Things like this are (according to some scientists) going to become more common and more powerful....Mother Earth and all who live on Her are in for a bumpy ride...

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

@Kerome said:
    In the Philippines it’s typhoon mongpong at the moment or so I hear, I have an uncle who built a house there...

Sorry, typhoon Mangkhut it is.

Also hearing about huge amounts of water coming down from Florence and lots of people without power. Hope everybody is ok!

Sadly the Philippines are hit by major storms every year, millions of people suffer...lose of life, livelihood, homes etc...

It would seem Mother Nature is a somewhat conscientious teacher when in comes to teaching practical lessons relating to the impermanent nature of all things...

Kundo

Well Typhoon Mangkhut also battered Hong Kong about, a friend mentioned this last night ( I haven't been following the news for the last few days)...And I'm flying there Monday week, spending three night there on my way to visit my children in Europe, and three nights coming back ...Hope the place where I'm going to be staying is still standing...They could well do with the tourist dollar, not that I'll have much to spend there...but every little bit helps...