Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Himalayan Pink Salt Pipe/Inhaler

ShoshinShoshin No one in particularNowhere Special Veteran

I recently returned to NZ after visiting family (children -sisters & brothers) and friends in the UK and Europe...It was wonderful catching up with them all, after many years...(23 years since I've see my brothers and sisters- well apart from one sister who visited me in NZ 13 years ago) - and it was especially nice seeing where 3 of my children live -one in London, one in Berlin and one in Budapest...Plus friends in Sodertajle Sweden and another in Halifax UK ...I'm still feeling somewhat jetlagged...

Anyhow ....

As a parting gift from one of my sisters and niece I was given an Himalayan pink salt pipe...( we had been to Brick Lane market where I spotted this strange looking object on one of the stalls, the stall owner said it was a salt pipe/inhaler and went on to tell me of its benefits when it comes to respiratory problems) ...

I've just started to use it and will continue to use it to see if it benefits my respiratory conditions... (I must admit I find it is having some effect, however it's only been a couple of days and only for short periods 5 or 6 breathes -I have just found out its recommended use is 10 to 20 minutes a day)

Have any members use one ?

I have had a Himalayan pink salt lamp for a few years now, it stays on 24/7/365 in my bedroom...

Comments

• kandokando northern Ireland Veteran

Sounds like a powerful journey @Shoshin, that is a very interesting looking pipe, I think I saw something like it in Simla, thirty odd years ago. There were a lot of Tibetans living there at the time. I'm an ozone worshipper myself :)

Shoshin
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Yes it was an interesting and somewhat whistle stop journey...Sad to leave family and friends in Europe, but glad to be home ( NZ) for a well deserved rest...( it seems all I was doing was flying and riding buses trains and ferries...

It sounds like you were in Northern India around the same time (Simla time ;) ) I was there,( early 1980s) in Darjeeling and then Nepal ...On route overland from Australia to the UK...

I saw many weird wacky and wonderful things whilst in India and Asia in general, but don't recall seeing this type of pipe/inhaler before, but then I wasn't really looking for one :)

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I ordered one for my mother for Christmas, as she seems to develop really chesty persistent, irritating coughs that she contracts frequently and finds difficult to get rid of... product review will no doubt follow....!

Shoshin

@Shoshin said:
    Yes it was an interesting and somewhat whistle stop journey...Sad to leave family and friends in Europe, but glad to be home ( NZ) for a well deserved rest...( it seems all I was doing was flying and riding buses trains and ferries...

It sounds like you were in Northern India around the same time (Simla time ;) ) I was there,( early 1980s) in Darjeeling and then Nepal ...On route overland from Australia to the UK...

I saw many weird wacky and wonderful things whilst in India and Asia in general, but don't recall seeing this type of pipe/inhaler before, but then I wasn't really looking for one :)

I lived in India with my dad for five years, in Bombay (sorry, can't get used to calling it Mumbai) New Delhi, then the Punjab and Pakistan, weird and wacky it often was! I loved travelling then but wouldn't have the energy reserves now. It was closer to forty years ago - yikes! Tempis Fugit is right :)

ShoshinJeroen

Wow ...that would have been an experience for you back then @kando ...

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I think living in India is an ‘experience’ for everyone even these days... I remember visiting Bombay and Pune a number of times, starting with in my youth when I was 7... I still have a clear vision of when I was presented with the ‘toilet’ of the bus stop along the road, ah the horror.

Shoshinkando

Boy, do I remember the toilets @kerome! So many things, we travelled by train a lot, steam trains, I remember once a pile of corpses stacked right by the line, no idea why, the size of the vultures and eagles feasting was really awesome. The bus ride down from Simla @Shoshin, is forever etched on my memory, talk about white knuckle ride! So many memories, all highly coloured. :)

Shoshin

Well it's been around 6 days since I started to take hits from the Himalayan Pink salt pipe on a daily bases...So far so good ...

Yes @kando, travelling by bus in a number of Asian countries is a real eye opener, especially when travelling up down or along mountain passes, with a driver who has a devil-may-care attitude...real edge of seat experience :)