Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Penny For Your Thoughts

ShoshinShoshin No one in particularNowhere Special Veteran
edited November 2018 in Mindfulness

Throughout the day...are you thoughtful ( is there often awareness of the present moment AKA Mindful) ? Or thoughtless (more often than not the mind gets carried away by thoughts AKA Mind Full)?

There's no time like the present moment to be given a present ...(moment)

Thank You for your patience and participation (...the cheque's in the post ;) )
<3<3<3<3<3

HozanBunksyagr

Comments

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Thoughtless predominantly....particularly when with others. That's why it's nice to be alone =)=)

HozanShoshin
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Thoughtless predominantly

If only this were true @Bunks ;):)

BunksHozanKundo
  • Oh - to be free from useless thoughts

yagrShoshin
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

(I think I may borrow that.... Lovely sentiment. It is apparently, Biblical in origin though. Not 'Buddhist'. But as with many things benevolently religious, sometimes, it really doesn't make any difference "who" said it....)

lobsterBunksBuddhadragon
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

My problem with my thoughts isn't that they are unpleasant or difficult. It's that I like being in there, I have since I was young. I was a notorious daydreamer and lover of fantasy worlds. Understanding the benefit of letting go of thinking isn't always so obvious when thinking has a generally positive effect in life and mind.

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Thoughts can be quite charming ...But I guess if one is aware/mindful that they are just "thoughts", then one can nip em in the bud should they start to get out of hand...

• Penny For Your Thoughts

You can have them for Nothing. Don't need them anyways ... ;)

ShoshinfedericaHozan