Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

some pain?is it a gain?

i have some pain in the brain,
i got to manage this pain.

because life can change,
from pain,
to gain.

what's the gain to change this brain?
i say less pain,
and feeling a little bit more sane.

so i try not to sit and dwell on the pain,
and do something positive for a nice gain.

ShoshinBuddhadragonlobsterHozan

Comments

• paulysopaulyso usa Veteran

lol,so relateable.you two are great.i enjoy your thoughts on stuff.

HozanShoshinBuddhadragon
  • BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

Lack of acceptance in the face of situations we cannot change is far more distressful than learning to cope and making the best of what we have, with what we have.

Far more unbearable than the arrow of dukkha inherent to samsaric reality, is the second arrow of self-imposed strain, when we refuse to accept life as it is, or when we overthink our situation rather than proactively doing something about it, I guess.

I hope your pain is not so unbearable anyway, @paulyso
    ???

ShoshinpaulysoHozanlobster

thank you buddhadragon.

no my pain is not so unbearable.nowadays the mental efliction comes and goes.the poem was reflective before buddhist practice especially as a teanager who was an outcast.

with buddhist practice --leting go is a real thing with time,grace,and patience.so im in a good place now.but still nutty from time to time.im a bag of chips on my own.so there was something positive being a teanage outcast,i had time with myself...yeah i like myself.

ShoshinlobsterHozanBuddhadragon
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

yeah i like myself

Hey @paulyso .... We all like you too... <3<3<3

lobsterHozanBuddhadragon
  • i’m a bag of chips on my own

We all are.

Shoulder chips, chips without friendly fish, addictive life gambling chips, potato heading chips, mundane fries with everything and so on ...

However, chip away the surface and ...

@paulyso said:
    ...yeah i like myself.

There is something worthwhile. Self compassion, gratitude, kindness which we can extend from the inside to the outsider. Which is not so crazy ... <3

There is always pain/dukkha. I think I read that somewhere ... B)
    How can we bear the unbearable? Chip sharing ... <3

HozanBuddhadragon
  • @Shoshin said:

yeah i like myself

Hey @paulyso .... We all like you too... <3<3<3

We sure do. ???

lobsterShoshinBuddhadragon
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I do sympathise paulyso I sometimes go through difficult periods with also some pain in the brain, with various visionary whirlings of thought and I think afterwards ‘was that really worthwhile’ even though it is involuntary.

But it often makes me think of Bodhidharma’s saying, ‘if you can understand the mind, all else is included’. After all these things are all in the mind, and our mind generates these things, our pain is self-inflicted.

Much metta to you, paulyso...

paulyso

yes kerome i sometimes have left field involentary funky dreams too.but we know it's just brain generated.what you said , nothing should be cling too helps me to not give so much thought to it.
    thank you.

thanks everyone for being great and kind.your words are uplifting.

HozanShoshinlobsterBuddhadragon