Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Happy New Year

lobsterlobster Veteran
edited December 2018 in Buddhism Today

Who is resolute?

Without resolution, nothing is resolved.
and so:

I resolve

• to be freer
  • to altar my alter-bodhi-ego
  • be kind to nones, mon k eys and the unholy

Happy Easter New year (as always, starts tomorrow) ...

Zazen1BuddhalotusLotusMindShoshinDavid

Comments

• KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

Happy New Year my crusty friend.

❤️❤️❤️

BuddhalotusLotusMindShoshin
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

May this year bring you all health, wealth and happiness. Cheers ?

Look at someone and say “whatever you’re going through, better days are coming“

ShoshinZazen1BuddhalotusLotusMind
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Happy New Year everyone! Give a hug to the person standing next to you and pass the bubbly!

May the new year bring you progress in the dharma!

Zazen1BuddhalotusLotusMindShoshin
  • Zazen1Zazen1 London Explorer

Happy New Year to everybody on NB. I am very grateful for my new sangha! Wishing you all happiness, health and peace of mind!

BuddhalotusLotusMindShoshin
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

May the best of this Year be he worst of the next.... Is my annual wish to all.

Zazen1BuddhalotusLotusMind
  • BuddhalotusBuddhalotus Here and now Explorer

I wish everyone a Happy New Year.
    And remember that...

Zazen1LotusMindShoshin
  • paulysopaulyso usa Veteran

20019,sit,be,do....resolution.

Zazen1LotusMindShoshinBuddhalotus
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

“Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today.
    (like the past)...the future is just an illusion that could lead one astray”

Happy "Present Moment" <3<3<3

Zazen1LotusMindBuddhalotus
  • LotusMindLotusMind San Francisco Explorer

Happy New Year everybody!

ShoshinBuddhalotusZazen1
    edited December 2018

2019 marks the year of the Police Pig according to the Chinese Horoscope ( if one believes in this kind of thing)....

This little piggy went to market,(to be sold)
    This little piggy stayed at home,
    This little piggy had roast beef, (fattening up)
    This little piggy had none,
    This little piggy cried,
    "Wee-wee-wee!" All the way home.(to the slaughter house)

...which was no fairy tale ending for the poor pig....

We already have a @lobster, so are there any members who are pigs ?... :)

• Thanks everyone <3

You will, like Bodhi Cinderella, 'go to the Ball' and marry Prince Charming Gautama ...

New Year Bodhi Resolves:

• Less cake, more alchemical wedding
    • Stop killing Buddhas
    • Be kind to the manically Mahahaha ... Yana

@Shoshin said:
    2019 marks the year of the Police Pig according to the Chinese Horoscope ( if one believes in this kind of thing)....

Actually, the Year of the Pig begins on February 4 or 5 next year.
    ???

Shoshin

True :) .......
    Oink Oink

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Pig is mild and a lucky animal representing carefree fun, good fortune and wealth. Personality traits of the people born under the sign of the Pig are happy, easygoing, honest, trusting, educated, sincere and brave.

My daughter was born in The Year of the Pig.... She's the most wonderful human being I know...

ShoshinnakazcidZazen1
  • New Year - New Start - New Day
    Again.

ShoshinlobsterZazen1

@Lionduck said:
    New Year - New Start - New Day
    Again.

Reminds me of Nina Simone

lobsternakazcidZazen1Vastmind

Well 5 and a bit hours till the new year arrives in Aotearoa (NZ) ...At midnight I should be in the land of nod ....because I need my beauty sleep :) Hmm what a funny saying ... so does this mean if I stay in bed for a week will I look younger and even more beautiful ;);) ...
    Happy New Year NBers :)

Zazen1
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

4hrs 15 mins till 2019 in Australia. May you all have a great NYE.

Shoshin
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

6 Hrs till New Year in the Netherlands. They’ve started the fireworks outside here...

Let’s make 2019 a great year!

Shoshin

Happy New year from Singapore.
    We're about to go to sleep soon.

Shoshin
    edited December 2018

At midnight I was woken by the sound of fireworks going off ( thanks a lot Tang Destiny China-but there's no evil spirits to scare off here )

Well it's new years day and nothing's changed which means everything's changing... :)

• ajhayesajhayes Pema Jinpa Dorje Northern Michigan Veteran

1436 here, New Years Eve. I wish all of you the best and am looking forward to learning from all of you in the coming year.

ShoshinLotusMindlobster
    edited December 2018

@Buddhalotus said:
    Happy New year from Singapore.
    We're about to go to sleep soon.

@Buddhalotus are you from Singapore? or are you just visiting or living/working there?

I have fond memories of the old Singapore, the night food markets where some stall owners had pet rats on string leases, the exotic smells and sounds and at the time very cheap electrical equipment...The Singapore before Lee Yuan Yu came to power and cleaned up the place...It's nice clean and tidy now ...I guess this is just the swings and roundabouts of progress and change...

Singapore was in a sense the first exotic country I visited, this was back in early 1972 on my way back to the UK to visit family and travel over Europe...My big ( well one of many ) OE so to speak...

This was the days when cheap ship jet travel was around ...Cruise ship from Perth to Singapore ( 6 nights) then jet from Singapore to London...

Still 7 and a half hours left here until New Years! Happy New Year Everybody!

Shoshin

Oh you're so yesterday @LotusMind ...Get with the times ;):lol:

LotusMind
  • FosdickFosdick in its eye are mirrored far off mountains Alaska, USA Veteran

Happy New Year everyone. About 6 1/2 hours to go in Alaska. This year, no worries about the old dog going crazy on account of the fireworks - she's lost a lot of her hearing and is a happier dog because of it.

Shoshin

@Shoshin said:
    @Buddhalotus are you from Singapore? or are you just visiting or living/working there?

Just visiting, @Shoshin
    I love Singapore too, though Lee Yuan Yu...
    I was not even born, lol
    ?

Shoshin

I was not even born, lol

Well not in your present form :lol:;)

Enjoy your time there :)

• Stayed up to watch the London fireworks on tv at midnight. 10 minutes of continuous “spectacular” fireworks. Is it just me that finds it grossly excessive these days!?

We watched the Christmas episode of 'Gogglebox', (it's very funny, but a somewhat ironic thing to do - watch the reactions of others, who in turn, are watching tv themselves!) an hilarious hour of Frankie Boyle, and then hit the sack at about 01.15. Did nothing special, but did what we wanted to do, not what might have been expected of us to do....

(Participants of Gogglebox are expected to watch and critique programmes dictated to them by the Producers. It involves sitting in front of the TV for a long, long time, but they are handsomely paid for doing nothing!)

It's been a pleasure meeting everyone.
    I wish all of you a Happy New Year.

Thank you for all the lovely Buddhist discussions but I may be following another path now.
    Thank you, @federica and all of you for your kindness

???

Shoshin
    edited January 2019

Moderator note:

Buddhadragon has yet again, left the building.

I suspected as much, but now have proof.
    Sorry guys, Carry on.

@Shoshin said:
    Oh you're so yesterday @LotusMind ...Get with the times ;):lol:

Got there in the end lol

Shoshin
  • FosdickFosdick in its eye are mirrored far off mountains Alaska, USA Veteran
    edited January 2019

Joy and sadness, dark and light, same old world, always new.

ShoshinLotusMindKundoVastmind

Oh what a sweet little thing! <3
    I think this must be our youngest member ever!