Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Best meditation book

AmanakiAmanaki Norway Explorer

The best book about meditation i have so far been reading is th book by Ajahn brahm
If you are in to the deeper understanding of meditation this is the book to read :)

[Deleted User]

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I prefer TNH... He seems to touch parts of my Consciousness with staggering perception...

Amanaki
  • AmanakiAmanaki Norway Explorer

As a theravadin Ajahn Brahm is closer to the teaching of theravada buddhism, but TNH has good insight too :)

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Yes, TNH is mahayana/Zen. I too follow Theravada but there's nothing wrong about, or written against getting sound teachings wherever you can get them... :)

Amanakitom_hitt
  • Meditation for Lobsters Dummies
    Here is the cheat sheet ...
    https://www.dummies.com/religion/spirituality/meditation-for-dummies-cheat-sheet/

tom_hitt

@lobster said:
    Meditation for Lobsters Dummies
    Here is the cheat sheet ...
    https://www.dummies.com/religion/spirituality/meditation-for-dummies-cheat-sheet/

There is no cheating in meditation :)

lobster
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

..And on a more serious note...

One that comes to mind....( I wouldn't say it's the best book, but very easy down to earth language)

"Mindfulness in Plain English" by Bhante Gunaratana

I kind of take cultivation of buddhism and > @Shoshin said:

..And on a more serious note...

One that comes to mind....( I wouldn't say it's the best book, but very easy down to earth language)

"Mindfulness in Plain English" by Bhante Gunaratana

Yes Mindfulness in plain English is a good book for beginners.
    And of course can be read by more advanced meditators too :)

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

@Amanaki said:

Yes Mindfulness in plain English is a good book for beginners.
    And of course can be read by more advanced meditators too :)

A Beginner's mind @Amanaki ...is the best mind to have... :)

FosdickColinAlobster