Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Buddha is everywhere

Buddha is everywhere, lobby. :)

I knew it! Is it worse than ceiling cat?
Or like one of my siblings delusions that aliens are watching us and sucking on our brain juice?

Or ...
Perhaps it is is the realization that Tara is everywhere. Pureland is corrupt. Samsara is Nirvana. Emptiness is form and Nothing is what it seems ...

[lobster has a sit down for brain juice extraction]

AlexDavid

Comments

• herbieherbie Veteran

Buddha is without beginning, middle, or end (uttaratantra shastra)

• GuiGui Veteran

Mind is Buddha

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

@Gui said:
    Mind is Buddha

My mind is... all over the place today.

Bunks
  • And therefore he is in my coffee too. That actually makes sense.

lobster
  • herbieherbie Veteran

@Jeffrey said:
    And therefore he is in my coffee too. That actually makes sense.

No. your misunderstanding is caused by misunderstanding of the expression 'Buddha is everywhere' which actually means 'all phenomena ARE Buddha'.
    your coffee IS Buddha.
    Or going to the toilet to have a shit: the toilet IS Buddha and your shit IS Buddha.
    That may be difficult to understand in the world. But buddha dharma is beyond the world.

Jeffrey
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran
    edited April 2019

Buddha is everywhere

...And so's the Dharma :)...If the mind is awake...

lobster
  • herbieherbie Veteran

@Shoshin said:

Buddha is everywhere

There is not a moment when the mind is not awake.

Shoshinlobster
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

@herbie said:

@Shoshin said:

Buddha is everywhere

There is not a moment when the mind is not awake...

....... however it's not always awaken to the Truth/Dharma... more often than not the mind become charmed by its own thoughts...which are in the habit of clouding the truth...

Awareness is fundamentally non-conceptual until thinking splits experience into subject and object...It is empty and so can contain everything...It is boundless...And amazingly it is intrinsically KNOWING

lobster
  • @Jeffrey said:

Dharma coffee. Don't leave your mind without it. B)
    I hear that the Buddha developed the first Noble Truth before his first sip ...

Kundoperson
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@herbie said:

@Shoshin said:

Buddha is everywhere

But there are too many moments when the mind is not aware
    There's the difference, @herbie.

It's good to discuss, but nit-picking is tiresome...

FoibleFull
  • herbieherbie Veteran

@federica said:

@herbie said:

@Shoshin said:

Buddha is everywhere

But there are too many moments when the mind is not aware
    There's the difference, @herbie.

There is no difference. Why? Because mind as such is always awake.

• herbieherbie Veteran

@Shoshin said:

@herbie said:

@Shoshin said:

Buddha is everywhere

There is not a moment when the mind is not awake...

....... however it's not always awaken to the Truth/Dharma... more often than not the mind become charmed by its own thoughts...which are in the habit of clouding the truth...

Awareness is fundamentally non-conceptual until thinking splits experience into subject and object...It is empty and so can contain everything...It is boundless...And amazingly it is intrinsically KNOWING

Mind as such is always 'awaken to the Truth/Dharma'.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@herbie, there's being 'right' then there's being pedantically anally-retentive.

(I should know....)

Kundo
  • herbieherbie Veteran

@federica said:
    @herbie, there's being 'right' then there's being pedantically anally-retentive.

(I should know....)

There is neither right nor wrong. Words are just pointers.

Moderator note:

Perhaps then, I could point you towards engaging with others in a less high-brow and more inclusive way. You sound as if you think you're here to preach and teach.
    Don't do that.
    It's not often appreciated or welcome...

• herbieherbie Veteran

@federica said:

Moderator note:

Perhaps then, I could point you towards engaging with others in a less high-brow and more inclusive way. You sound as if you think you're here to preach and teach.
    Don't do that.
    It's not often appreciated or welcome...

That's funny, isn't it? Elsewhere I have used the expression 'Speaking from within the sphere of my experience' exactly to avoid the impression of preaching/teaching and to show that I am not making reality claims at all but then you criticized that. Not using this expression you are nevertheless criticizing the way I make use of words.

I can assure you that I am embracing all of Buddha's teaching, from the first through the 3rd turning of the wheel including all the different traditions. However I cannot practice all of them! And that of course manifests in the way I make use of words.

I love you all! I am the dharma friend of all of you! I know my obscurations, so I am far from having the ability to teach anybody anything in terms of Dharma.

@herbie , I sent you a PM... :)

• paulysopaulyso usa Veteran

@lobster said:

Buddha is everywhere, lobby. :)

I knew it! Is it worse than ceiling cat?
    Or like one of my siblings delusions that aliens are watching us and sucking on our brain juice?

Or ...
    Perhaps it is is the realization that Tara is everywhere. Pureland is corrupt. Samsara is Nirvana. Emptiness is form and Nothing is what it seems ...

[lobster has a sit down for brain juice extraction]

my brain is like a wallnut cracked open that is nutty delious to my diety woman.at the time i thought i was crazy or nutty.my diety responded,i think playfully,my nut.she thinks im relatively sane.which is nice.i think im her pet project to be well.of course scepticm is ok too.

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

I can't seem to see the title of this thread without getting the Allman Brothers stuck in my head.

People can you feel it?
    Love is everywhere!

federica
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

@Jeffrey said:

Reading that in sequence makes it seem like you're talking about @Kerome.

Still works but I got a little kick out of it.

JeffreyKundo
  • @David I didn't notice that at first. I assumed it was Buddha in my coffee but it could answer where does ones mind go when it is all over the place; It could be going to others coffee.

@Jeffrey said:
    @David I didn't notice that at first. I assumed it was Buddha in my coffee but it could answer where does ones mind go when it is all over the place; It could be going to others coffee.

It would have to be, no?

• JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited April 2019

In my mind I fit this caption or saying in with the idea of people manifesting as Buddhas to each other.

lobster
  • Well said/quoted/memed @Jeffrey <3

As we know, the coffee drinkers, abstainers, strainers, unstable, super buddhists, Mother Superior Buddhas, our way or the High Way etc are all treading carefully into the shine ...

Peter Pan Buddha is from NeverLand and despite rumours to the contrary is ever young/olde and dead ... Phew! [lobster has a sit down]

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I’m glad to know I am not in someone’s coffee, am not a sugarcube after all!

"You're the cream in my coffee,
    You're the salt in my stew,
    You will always be
    my necessity,
    I'd be lost without you!"

Ah, they don't write lyrics like them no more!

@David said:
    I can't seem to see the title of this thread without getting the Allman Brothers stuck in my head.

People can you feel it?
    Love is everywhere!

speak of love.
    that channel our heart.

in the presence of being,
    aware there is love.

this love embodied in the air,
    so light and soft.

breathing in the love,
    can change our heart.

the mood can be,
    from heavy to bright,

as our heart align to breath,
    our mind align to the power of breath.

easy is the air ,
    supplying the love we need.

with this love,
    we give to others.

in faith in confidence,
    we spread the wealth.

we wish the multitude of love,
    voicing our breath.

lovingkindness,compassion,joy and equimity,
    is the endless supply of love.

love gives,
    to us in need.

so we bow,
    love so great.

carry on,

in every breath.

metta poetry ? it's fun. the benefits of metta alignment meditation good will.

David

long live tara buddha.this is my offering of tantric buddhism.not that i know tantric buddhism.empower through embodyment.may we breathe in the divine 4 immeasurable,empowering us to live and thrive.

the method ? centered.aware.recieve.and dwell the soft state presence.the energy of love through air,breath,heart and mind.the aspect of energy or effort,awareness or the light aspect of mindfulness,and concentrate or integrate into being. aspect component of 8fold path.

• lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited April 2019

Buddha is everywhere

Buddha as an Almighty Cod substitute is Fishy (hallowed be Her Name and the Fruit of Her Womb - Bodhi Tree)

Are we on the blurry Buddha border lines, where rationality and Poetry Sing together ...

We have in a sense to let go of the restraints of crazed being as well as the certainty of ... well certainty.

This transient experience of life passing through our changes, means we exist not as a stasis or spiritual or other status but as an Emptying or return to dust, ashes and loam for newer growth.

Be Well my Friends. Buddha is every wear of Being.

Kundo