Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Merry Vesak!

VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

This year, it’s Sunday, May 19th. I’ll do the Buddha bathing as always. The Monastery and Temple will be packed with people, so I’m staying away, hahaha. I’m doing a veggie buffet at the house, and after some walking meditation and raking, I’ll call it day. What about you? Got any plans? Will we be gathering here at the NB house for nibbles and wisdom reminders/tidbits? =) I bet Lobster will come down our chimney bearing fun gifts! :p

ShoshinBunksRowan1980

Comments

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

I bet Lobster will come down our chimney bearing fun gifts!

I wouldn't bank on it ;):lol:

Merry Vesak :)<3

Rowan1980Kundo
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

Vesak? Baby Jesus died (it was terrible, they nailed him to a piece of wood, probably for not being kosher and not making tables, like his dad taught him). Now Buddha Babe Birthday?

I will be celebrating by not-celebrating. Strangely enough Buddha will be present. No sack. No magic arrival ceremony.

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

????

Vastmind
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Amaravati Monastery here in the UK, celebrated Vesak on the 12th...
    I was unable to attend.... I am working this Sunday, but Intend to spend a bit of time today - and tomorrow - in quiet contemplation....

adamcrossleylobsterVastmind
  • adamcrossleyadamcrossley Veteran UK Veteran

I wish I could have gone down to Amaravati. I’ve never been and really want to visit. How do you get there @federica? Do you take the train?

Tomorrow I’m going to walk to our local Buddhist centre (a New Kadampa place) and have a cup of tea. What traditions are there that we can follow at home? Perhaps we can make charitable donations?

http://tw.tzuchi.org/en/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=327&Itemid=192&lang=en

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I used to live in St Albans, and from there to Hemel Hempstead, it was a relatively easy ride.
    I'm now in Nottinghamshire, and the journey would involve a lot of train and changes, which is prohibitively expensive, or driving, which I would happily do, but (Sorry Buddha!) Carbon footprint and all that....
    I try to use my car for only the most essential or obligatory reasons...

But Amaravati really is a beautiful place, and well worth the excursion.
    I would have gone had time and obligations of work, allowed...

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

Bah humbug! I was invited to something but it was too far to travel.
    I hope you have a nice one. ?

federicalobsterVastmindKundo

Nice to see you back on for(u)m @DairyLama !

lobsterKundo
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited May 2019

How can we celebrate when Grumpy Cat died? :(
    Thank Baby Buddha and Baby Jesus, Schrödinger's cat has been found ...

VastmindKundo
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

Tomorrow I’m going to walk to our local Buddhist centre (a New Kadampa place) and have a cup of tea.

My Nude CarDampener Buddhist Center is in walking distance. I just turned up the once and they were making tea as an offering to their Tantric Geshe (no lama available) and tried to flog me books O.o

Have a great time and ask them which nearest Buddhist sites they don't recommend ... go there next time. o:) Always useful to toe dip ...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Kadampa_Tradition

adamcrossley
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

@DairyLama said:
    Bah humbug! I was invited to something but it was too far to travel.
    I hope you have a nice one. ?

Hey DL good to see you on here again.

@Vastmind said:
    This year, it’s Sunday, May 19th. Got any plans?

Happy Vesak. Didn't do much as I had a bit of car trouble that set me back $620 on Friday night :confused:

I did do a LOT of meditation and cleaned my Shrine and surrounds.

BunkslobsterVastmind
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited May 2019

@kundo
    Shrine on you krazy diamond.
    You probably are a shrine.

Most of us put on our shrine what we are ...

edited May 2019

@Kundo said:

Happy Vesak. Didn't do much as I had a bit of car trouble that set me back $620 on Friday night :confused:

You didn't lose a tyre did you...? a big one... I held your wine for ya...

I did do a LOT of meditation and cleaned my Shrine and surrounds.

<3

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited May 2019

*raises hand * ...Uuummm...Im here for the wine.

Damn @Kundo , car trouble is the worst!!! I know you were mad!

@federica said:

@Kundo said:

You didn't lose a tyre did you...? a big one... I held your wine for ya...

ROFL I wish. I had one tyre blow out while driving and the rear one buckled :angry: Throw in a much needed wheel alignment afterwards and I have a very sad looking bank account this week :bawling:

@Vastmind said:
    *raises hand * ...Uuummm...Im here for the wine.

Damn @Kundo , car trouble is the worst!!! I know you were mad!

I was more grateful I didn't crash than angry. I'm just sad now - for my bank account.

Oh well, shit happens right?

DairyLama

All.

The.

Time.