Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Not being able to connect to Newbuddhist?

howhow Veteran Veteran

Neither myself nor my partner have been able to connect up to New Buddhist for the last couple of days. Those were two separate android & mac computer set ups. Did anybody else just go through that as well?
10 minutes ago everything returned to normal.

Comments

• Yes I did too

• LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator

The domain name registration lapsed. Brian realized it and fixed it, but it then takes some hours for the fix to make its way across the Internet.

JeroenhowShoshin1
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Yes I did think it was quite a long outage. Good that it was relatively innocuous.

• howhow Veteran Veteran

You'd think there'd be some automatic warning of a registration expiry date coming up.
    I imagine there be unsavory characters out there in the bushes just waiting to put some coin down to snap it up and then sell it back to you....for a profit.
    I was just too slow.

marcitkolobsterShoshin2
  • I was already suffering dharma withdrawal symptom ... after two days ...

I am a newbuddhist addict. :3

Kotishkamarcitko
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Hooray!!! :)

lobster
  • @Linc said:
    The domain name registration lapsed. Brian realized it and fixed it, but it then takes some hours for the fix to make its way across the Internet.

💗 Three cheers for our Bodhi tech and support team 💗

Bunks
  • I once was lost and now I'm found...

Yesterday I tried signing in as Shoshin1 but couldn't, so I tried to re-register, however this morning I managed to sign in, perhaps I used the wrong password yesterday...

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

So you're in as @Shoshin1 and @Shoshin2...?" Oh, great!

WalkerShoshin1

You'd think there'd be some automatic warning of a registration expiry date coming up.

I assume there was, and it went to some defunct email address somewhere. Everything falls apart on a long enough time horizon, and we've definitely crossed all of those. B)

For the record, I since learned it was actually @Jason who saw it and pointed it out to Brian so he gets the point on that save. ;)

lobsterVastmind
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@Shoshin1 said:
    I once was lost and now I'm found...

Yesterday I tried signing in as Shoshin1 but couldn't, so I tried to re-register, however this morning I managed to sign in, perhaps I used the wrong password yesterday...

Are you also able to access the Forum with your original profile, @Shoshin?

• No @federica , every time I tried to access using the original Shoshin profile, I would request a new password, but for some strange reason the link email never arrived...

• Thanks @Brian ... <3

We who suck salute you <3

Brian
    edited September 2020

@Shoshin1 said:
    No @federica , every time I tried to access using the original Shoshin profile, I would request a new password, but for some strange reason the link email never arrived...

You are in a mail-share as @Shoshin2 @Linc needs to point out something to you; I will link you in as @Shoshin1... Query on email.

• Well apart from the "Just for fun" thread, I haven't been able to edit my posts...I can't remember if there's a stand down period before one (somebody new) can do this...

• You are now an 'explorer' again @Shoshin1. You have 30 mins to edit.
    As a 'veteran', I have four hours ...

Shoshin1
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@Shoshin1 said:
    Well apart from the "Just for fun" thread, I haven't been able to edit my posts...I can't remember if there's a stand down period before one (somebody new) can do this...

Welcome @Shoshin1 - nice to meet you.

I hope you find something useful here :)

Shoshin1lobsterWalker
  • @federica said:

Don't say that - she might invite 3 - 10 to come in, then we'd be overrun by a Shoshin-plague!!

Too late... we are in....there's no stopping us now...

BunkslobsterWalkerhow

The Zen discussion has moved.

Search has been fixed.