Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

New host - changing servers

LincLinc Site ownerDetroit Moderator
edited June 2010 in NewBuddhist.com
Sometime in the next week or two I'll be migrating NewBuddhist and its sister sites to a new server. There will be some downtime involved, so it'll probably be over a weekend and I'll give advance warning when I've picked a day and time. I'll be writing a post about it on Icrontic afterward for the technically curious. :)

Comments

• edited June 2010
    NewBuddhist has sister sites? Never knew. :)
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited June 2010
    There is a high probability we'll be executing the move Sunday, June 6 in the afternoon (Eastern).
  • edited June 2010
    Good luck with it and thanks for letting us know Lincoln.
    edited June 2010
    Going to be moving in about half an hour, at 5pm EST.
  • lightwithinlightwithin Veteran
    edited June 2010
    I take it the move went well. Downtime wasn't too bad. A lil over an hour.
    edited June 2010
    Yup, if you're reading this you're seeing the new server :) Went quicker than expected. Probably would've been even faster if I hadn't forgotten to change the forum's database password, haha. :o
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited June 2010
    Linc, I'm sorry but "haha" doesn't work anymore.

Someone must have taken your old website by the reins, changed the dern PW and left you out in the cold. I hope they accumulate really bad karma for that fiendish act, as I think you folks did a splendid job the way things were before today.
    edited June 2010
    Yes. What Nirvana said.