Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Where do the "titles" under the screen name come from?

edited July 2010 in NewBuddhist.com
I think they are very amusing and so I'm curious where\how the "title" under one's screen name gets defined, changed.

for instance mine now simply says Member, others say Lama's Boy, Seeker etc...

I assume they are based on the number of posts but is there a list of them and the number of posts that I can read for amusement?

Can a member of the forum change the title and make it permanent?

I find most of them quite funny :D

Comments

• NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited June 2010
    Olarte, yes you can make a permanent chage:

Click on the tab user cp above
    Then on the left, under Your Profile, click on Edit your details

Next go down to Custom User Title and do your thing

There's also room below under Additional Information to put in more, in the Location box

I like "not yet dismembered member" for a custom user title. But then, maybe not.

Nirvana
    fautedemieux (for lack of something better)
  • edited June 2010
    Nirvana wrote: »
    Olarte, yes you can make a permanent chage:

Click on the tab user cp above
    Then on the left, under Your Profile, click on Edit your details

Next go down to Custom User Title and do your thing

There's also room below under Additional Information to put in more, in the Location box

I like "not yet dismembered member" for a custom user title. But then, maybe not.

Nirvana
    fautedemieux (for lack of something better)

Thanks for the prompt response Nirvana, I was looking at my settings by looking at the details in my name not via the CP itself so I missed the long list of options.

I'm still curious at the default values as I'm sure they are just as amusing as the custom ones.

And please don't get dismembered... it would get quite messy :lol:
  • edited July 2010
    @olarte Mindfully Present is very good but what does it mean?
  • edited July 2010
    :doh:To me, it means to be mindful in every present moment that I can. To be aware, to be alive, to breath and appreciate each moment as it comes and as it fades into the past.

All following the teachings of the Buddha through the writings and teachings of the Venerable Thich Nhat Hanh.
  • edited July 2010
    deep thinking. impressed.