Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

buying benches or cushions

JetsFan366JetsFan366 Explorer
edited July 2010 in Meditation
I was wondering if someone had a suggestion for places to buy meditation benches &/or cushions online. I'm hoping to build my own bench, but my wife is due in the next couple weeks, and something tells me time will soon become a scarce resource. :)

If I end up buying one, I was wondering if anyone has found a place online that they've had luck with.

Many thanks-

Comments

• skullchinskullchin Veteran
    edited June 2010
    Congratulations! I posted a similar questions a while back:
    http://newbuddhist.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4388
  • edited June 2010
    I just purchased the peace bench from zafu.net and am very happy with it. It's not overly expensive, comes in 3 sizes and their service was excellent.

Give them a call and discuss your needs. They have a complete range from zabutons. to inflatable zafu cushions, to 3 types of Zen benches that range from 5 1/2 inches to 22 inches off the ground. I use the tilt bench for playing classical guitar and as a desk for my laptop,. you can't go wrong with them and have 3 weeks to return what you buy if it's not right for you.

They site is http://zafu.net

By the way I do have a zabuton and Gomden cushions from Samadhi cushions and asbolutely love the Gomden. It was my first cushion and to date it's as firm yet soft as ever.

I've decided to go with using\alternating between the Zen Peace bench and the Gomden on a regular basis. regarding the benches I've priced them and I think you cannot go wrong with Carolina Mornings regarding price, and sheer quality & style. Definitely very affordable, zen and beautiful in their approach.

I wish you love and happiness to you and your new family to be!

ivan
  • lightwithinlightwithin Veteran
    edited July 2010
    One need not sit on a "bench for meditation". One may meditate anywhere in any position that is comfprtable.

It's not a must or a big necessity, but if you find the best position for you is seiza, then investing in or building a bench is a smart idea.