Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Did Buddha really eat nothing but hemp seeds?

2»

Comments

• ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
    edited August 2010
    I forgot who was asking what, who posted what and where they have gone lol. Yes it is important, and so are the answers :) Good luck to them alllll... by the way, I IZ ENLITEND
  • Love-N-PeaceLove-N-Peace Veteran
    edited August 2010
    Tom, are you... are you high?
    edited August 2010
    lol no, I am just mildly content today. I have gotten over my illness, I have regained a grip on the financial situation that was bothering me and I have eaten more than one meal today :)
    edited August 2010
    Very good... so are you anlitend?
    edited August 2010
    loool, I sincerely hope you didn't think I actually meant that :/ I was fooling around boyo, nobody who was truly awoken would go about claiming such a thing anyway :P now I am really going to sleep, very tired. nyt all
    edited August 2010
    yeah, i were joking, although I did think you were pretending to be high...
    edited August 2010
    I guess I was kind of high, just high as in happy and content for a brief moment lol.. I don't go near drugs anymore LnP, that part of my life is left far in the past :)
  • ShutokuShutoku Veteran
    edited August 2010
    LoveNPeace wrote: »
    If I could go back in time I'd grab good old Sid by the throat and tell him to never mention attachments! People here are way to attached to non-attachment. I now here that word so much it loses all meaning! Like when you say parakeet so much it just sounds like a funny sound, which it is! :crazy:

crazy regards,
    nickidoodle jellybean
    There is definitely truth to what you say. It is the paradox of Buddhism.
    If we want to overcome suffering we need to practice non-attachment. However one easily becomes attached to non attachment, and craves Nirvana.

This is where I like Shikan-taza in Soto...practice just to practice, not to gain anything.
    Or Nembutsu in Shin, practiced not to gain anything, but simply to express gratitude.

That said.....dude reeeeeeeally wanted to hear Buddha was all about the hemp seeds.:lol:
  • mugzymugzy Veteran
    edited August 2010
    Shutoku wrote: »
    That said.....dude reeeeeeeally wanted to hear Buddha was all about the hemp seeds.

I feel sort of bad that he stopped posting after that, it seems like a lot of people leave after a few posts.
    edited August 2010
    yea that is kind of harsh. Over a year ago when I was even more of a novice to buddhism than I am now, I was on a different forum and I kind of felt like some people were often a bit patronizing and stuff. But if they are really interested in the path of the buddha, they will be back :) We should treat everyone with the same compassion..
  • mugzymugzy Veteran
    edited August 2010
    We should treat everyone with the same compassion..

:bigclap:
  • DaozenDaozen Veteran
    edited August 2010
    thickpaper wrote: »
    They are the most complete food on the planet.
    I'm curious but naturally sceptical about such claims -- does anyone have any scientific/nutritional sources to back this claim up?
  • mugzymugzy Veteran
    edited August 2010
    Daozen wrote: »
    I'm curious but naturally sceptical about such claims -- does anyone have any scientific/nutritional sources to back this claim up?

I just googled it and found this:
    http://www.ratical.org/renewables/hempseed1.html

There were some references to studies not published online, and a ton of sites with information. I personally don't know about claiming that any food is the "best" or "most complete," but it is an excellent source of protein and essential amino acids.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited September 2010
    Ok, done with. Thanks to all who contributed.
This discussion has been closed.