Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Graffiti

edited September 2010 in Arts & Writings
I don't know if this qualifies as art, but it is something I made, so I will post it.
Hope the links work. If not let me know.

Critiques welcomed & encouraged.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=204314&l=97e58bb6fb&id=100000819202853

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=199184&l=8669193365&id=100000819202853

messed with it. found photo online - I did not create or take the sunset image. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=204988&l=5ab128e52e&id=100000819202853

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited September 2010
    How did you make them, exactly?

They're brilliant!
  • edited September 2010
    Thanks for the reply. I love your avatar pic by the way :)

It would make a great background for the Buddha Graffiti if the writing wouldn't cover the face. But it might look cool as the hole in one of the letters.

I do the line work in Autocad and colour them in Photoshop. Still new at Photoshop but a 15 year veteran of Autocad.

I am open to suggestions but don't know when I would actually do any, I just do this as the mood strikes me.
    My brains is working feverishly trying to think of a way to use your avatar concept in something [ Is that single point focus? :) ], along with maybe the sanskrit or kanji version of Om Mani Padme Hum.

Thanks again for the compliment :)
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited September 2010
    If you like, Pm me your e-mail address, I'll send you the original photo in my Pictures file, for you to fiddle with to your heart's content....;)
  • edited September 2010
    These are really good you have some talent :D
  • edited September 2010
    Your comin along. You really want the letters to connect. I have been a AutoCad drafter and graffiti writer for years. Maybe we know each other? Im not sure where your at in Va.
  • edited September 2010
  • edited September 2010
    Your comin along. You really want the letters to connect. I have been a AutoCad drafter and graffiti writer for years. Maybe we know each other? Im not sure where your at in Va.

I live in Lake Ridge in Prince William County. I don't think I know many other AutoCad drafters but you never know.

I just started getting into graffiti writing (as you can tell, it is pretty derivative from stuff I see online). I do it in my spare time and wouldn't mind getting better at it, but I am trying to focus on finding a job where I work more than 12 hours a week.

I will PM you with my facebook name and you can look me up there. I probably wouldn't mind posting my FB publicly here, but my kids are listed and they may not like it.
  • edited September 2010

What inspired me to do Buddhism based graffiti was that pic. I saw it and loved it.
    I had originally posted my stuff in that thread but felt I should peddle my own wares elsewhere :)
  • edited September 2010
    zenmonkey wrote: »
    What inspired me to do Buddhism based graffiti was that pic. I saw it and loved it.
    I had originally posted my stuff in that thread but felt I should peddle my own wares elsewhere :)
    Thats cool. Thanks dude.