Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Instant Notification (Failure)

edited September 2010 in NewBuddhist.com
I haven't brought it up before but having posted in many different threads it's becoming something difficult to ignore now.

I have instant e-mail notification enabled, my correct e-mail address set, and never receive the notifications. Is this happening to anyone else? Is it something I've set wrong or service-based?

Thanks.

Comments

• LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited June 2010
    Can anyone else confirm this issue?
  • patbbpatbb Veteran
    edited June 2010
    me... although it's not really an issue for me.

I quite enjoy my new found empty and peaceful inbox :)
  • johnathanjohnathan Canada Veteran
    edited June 2010
    This has effected me as well... I believe it started when we changed servers...
  • edited June 2010
    (For me it was even before that.)
    edited June 2010
    OK, confirmed it's not working on the server at all. May be a couple days til I get to it, sorry. Will post back when I've fixed it.
  • edited June 2010
    Maybe this should be a learning experience for us to speak up sooner if we have a problem, eh? :) I thought it was just me, but have had the problem for a long while.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2010
    Me too.
    I thought it was my e-mail file, because it put all my notifications into spam.....:o
  • lightwithinlightwithin Veteran
    edited June 2010
    Me too, I'm not receiving notifications since the server switch happened.

Thanks for looking into it Lincoln.
    edited June 2010
    Me too, I'm not receiving notifications since the server switch happened.

Thanks for looking into it Lincoln.

How's it going Lincoln? :D I miss my notification's :p
  • Love-N-PeaceLove-N-Peace Veteran
    edited June 2010
    If you go on your Control Panel (CP) it tells you what threads your subscribed to have had new posts :)

All the best
    NickiD
  • edited June 2010
    Yeah that's one way. Another way that's 'fun' is to know which sub-boards you post to and just go visit them. Sorta mingle. Might find something else interesting.

Namaste
    edited June 2010
    Emails restarted. Backlog incoming! Hang on to something :eek2:
  • patbbpatbb Veteran
    edited June 2010
    just got about 200 emails... i feel so popular all of a sudden ;)
  • lightwithinlightwithin Veteran
    edited June 2010
    Hahaha, I got only 50 pattb. I was puzzled before I knew what it was. Glad to see this is now fixed. Thanks Lincoln.
    edited June 2010
    yeah... i got 155... they all landed in my blackberry at once and I had to open each one to designate it as having been read so I could get rid of the icon that says I have unread email... fun... I made a meditation out of it... only took 5 minutes... It would be nice to have a feature on the BB to mark all as read... If it does, I can't find it...
  • MountainsMountains Veteran
    edited July 2010
    I have the opposite problem. I get email notification of EVERYTHING, even though I've turned instant notification off. I get dozens of emails a day from the site. How do I turn this off and make it stick??

Mtns
    edited July 2010
    Uh, according to your profile you have instant subscription notification enabled. I've turned it off for you.
    edited July 2010
    I've got 34 unread emails but that's just because I'm really tired of opening them so I'm falling behind the needed amount per day to stop the unreads drowning me :-l LOL

Nickidoodle Jellybean
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited July 2010
    Well, just delete them, my friend, delete them! You're not required to read 'em just because you get 'em! :)

Palzang
    edited July 2010
    I have a feeling those words will be quoted for generations :)

Nickidoodle Jellybean
  • ChrysalidChrysalid Veteran
    edited August 2010
    Mountains wrote: »
    I have the opposite problem. I get email notification of EVERYTHING, even though I've turned instant notification off. I get dozens of emails a day from the site. How do I turn this off and make it stick??

Mtns
    I have this problem too. I've tried setting it to "no e-mail notification" and "Do not subscribe". Neither makes a difference, I still get zillions of e-mails. :confused:
    edited August 2010
    Delete them crazily then answer whichever ones you want :D
    edited August 2010
    Go here and change the subscription types to 'none': http://newbuddhist.com/forum/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription (check them and then use the dropdown box below)
    edited August 2010
    What you guys are doing is disabling NEW automatic subscriptions, not getting rid of or changing your old ones.
    edited September 2010
    again...
    edited September 2010
    I was JUST noticing I didn't get a Reported Posts email. :o The mailer didn't come back online after the downtime. Fixt (sorry for the deluge incoming).
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited September 2010
    And I just thought nobody loved me anymore!

Palzang
    edited September 2010
    I've been receiving 40 emails / minute since I brought it back online this morning. All the emails about the downtime queued up while sendmail was turned off. Now I have 7,732 new emails and climbing. :D
    edited September 2010
    How many threads are you subscribed to? :eek:
    And Palzang.... well, you are a bit past it you know... we're expecting you blind up any day now :p
  • NomaDBuddhaNomaDBuddha Scalpel wielder :) Bucharest Veteran
    edited September 2010
    Palzang wrote: »
    And I just thought nobody loved me anymore!

Palzang

Yeah, I feel like I am ignored in some measure :(.
    Anyways, why do the incoming notifications land in the Spam area of my Yahoo Mail ? I mean, I can ,or could receive notifications, but they landed straight in the Spam area, and therefore I have to go to my Yahoo Mail to see if I was notified .
    edited September 2010
    Who are you again?
    edited September 2010
    LoveNPeace wrote: »
    How many threads are you subscribed to? :eek:
    When the database goes down, I get an email for every pageview. Because the database was down for hours... well, I got a lot stuck in the queue. :p
    edited September 2010
    Ouchies :eek:
    edited September 2010
    LoveNPeace wrote: »
    Who are you again?

Let me spell it for you :mad: I am No-mad Bu-ddha ! Get it now ?
    edited September 2010
    No-Mad? I'd say you are mad, I don't even know you :confused:
    edited September 2010
    Well, if that doesn't bring you memories, I'm the ghost that haunts you. But I haunt you in my own unique way , say, gypsie stories, and Romanian-Country-side ride ? Hm? Nothing ?
    edited September 2010
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Me want a story.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited September 2010
    You are too much, LnP! BTW, what exactly do you mean by your new signature thingy? :eek: And what does "blind up" mean in English? :confused:

Palzang
    edited September 2010
    Good news ! The notification system is opertional, again ! :lol:
    edited September 2010
    Dunno what my signature means :eek: Blind up means go old and mouldy and blind