Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

What are you Listening to right now!!!

Comments

• StaticToyboxStaticToybox Veteran
    edited September 2010
    The Threshold HouseBoys Choir - Form Grows Rampant
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited September 2010
    Gary Numan & Tubeway Army - Replicas
  • edited September 2010
    "I'll Be Seeing You" - Sonny Stitt
    Wisdom23
  • lightwithinlightwithin Veteran
    edited September 2010
    "Stoney Road" by Chris Rea.

(I got his greatest hits album and I wasn't too crazy about the first disc but this second one is a tad better. I still can't wait till it's done and I can listen to something else).
  • edited September 2010
    Indestructible - Disturbed

Catchy. Like some sort of disease. /obscure reference
    Wisdom23
    edited September 2010
    Gecko wrote: »
    Indestructible - Disturbed

Catchy. Like some sort of disease. /obscure reference

Disturbed are amazing. Did you listen to their last album ("Asylum")? It's great, recommended highly.
  • andyrobynandyrobyn Veteran
    edited September 2010
    The kettle boiling for my morning cup of tea.
  • edited September 2010
    Light - I bought it. I love it. I listen to it far too much. :D When I have some money, I'm going to perpetuate materialistic craving and purchase their other albums.
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran
    edited September 2010
    Oh you know... White guy stuff. (Dropkick Murphys, Flogging Molly, Megadeth, Dream Theater and many others all on shuffle)

Right now though The Nightwatchman - Maximum Firepower.

Woot I really like Dream Theater.

Whilst at work now I'm listening to Muse.

In metta,
    Raven
  • edited September 2010
    Woot I really like Dream Theater.

I used to really like Dream Theater, but I think they've become quite repetitive and even (gasp!) a little boring. :(
  • Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran
    edited September 2010
    I used to really like Dream Theater, but I think they've become quite repetitive and even (gasp!) a little boring. :(

The only album by them I really like is Scenes from a Memory... then again I'm a huge sucker for concept albums w/ song cycles (where all the songs flow into each other, tell a story).

James LaBrie's voice is pretty inconsistent live though. I only enjoy DT as a studio band.

Anyways NP: "Twisted Coil" by Guilt Machine.
  • ShiftPlusOneShiftPlusOne Veteran
    edited September 2010
    How can you say Dream Theater is repetitive? Blasphemy!

As for LaBrie's voice, he damaged it a while back, I think he has recovered by now. I know he had a stage where his vocals were just awful, but I am pretty sure it should be fine now. I missed the chance to see them live and they don't seem to leave USA often... so I guess I'll never know.
  • edited September 2010
    Virus(The Pride) by Diablo Blvd
    The singer has a very Glenn Danzigesque voice.
  • edited September 2010
    Prophets of War by Dream Theater
  • TreeLuvr87TreeLuvr87 Veteran
    edited September 2010
    Deeper Than the Holler by Randy Travis :-) I'm having an old country kind of day.
  • edited October 2010
    Spotify all day every day at work. Mix of Eddie Vedder , Son House, Funkadelic and Anthrax today. Just making a mix for tomorrow most likely a punk rock Saturday.
  • ZaylZayl Veteran
    edited October 2010
    Incubus - Aqueous Transmission

here's a link so you can enjoy it too :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQK7KSTQfaw
    edited October 2010
    Kula Shaker - "When A Brave Needs A Maid" (lol). From their last album. Nice.
  • MountainsMountains Veteran
    edited October 2010
    Luciano Pavarotti - just downloaded from iTunes. What a spectacular voice!
  • edited October 2010
    Zayl - that's an Incubus song?! It r aw3sum!

Before I clicked your youtube link, I was listening to The Island, Pt 1: Dawn, by Pendulum.

Mountains - he was a scary, scary man, but his voice was tremendous :D
  • edited October 2010
    Soulsweeper by Volbeat
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran
    edited October 2010
    The Divinyls - Boys In Town (yep retro 80's weekend for me LOL)
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited October 2010
    I'm just listening to the voices in my head, as usual. They don't have much new to say tho.

Palzang
    person
  • edited October 2010
    "closing time" leonard cohen
  • GuyCGuyC Veteran
    edited October 2010
    I am not listening to anything with my ears, but in my mind, for whatever reason "che sara" is playing.
  • andyrobynandyrobyn Veteran
    edited October 2010
    HI GuyC ... Do you mean que sera as in the song made famous by Doris Day

" Que Sera, Sera,
    Whatever will be, will be
    The future's not ours, to see
    Que Sera, Sera
    What will be, will be. "

as a student many years ago I worked in a dementia unit which provided care for residents who had dementia with severe behavioural disturbances and this song was repeated played over and over through the PA system .... no-one ( in terms of the staff working there) were able to explain, reflect or even had a comment to make on the music which was played ... after leaving that placement. at a 10 day Vipassana Meditation in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin as taught by S.N. Goenke my mind was repeated taken back to that song ... your post reminded me of this :)
  • edited October 2010
    Hallelujah Goat by Volbeat
  • TreeLuvr87TreeLuvr87 Veteran
    edited October 2010
    "The Ocean" by Atmosphere
    edited October 2010
    "Under A Mountain" by The Black Crowes. (Acoustic version from their last and maybe final album).
  • edited October 2010
    "All I need" by Air... ahhhhhh :)
    edited October 2010
    Air is awesome (the band, but the kind we breathe is even better. LoL).

I'm listening to:

"Reuben's Train (Live)" by Harry Manx
  • edited October 2010
    Chill!

http://www.helpmechill.com/invite.htm

It's rather good. And free to listen to. Which appeals to my inner Yorkshire-bloke :D
    edited October 2010
    A really exciting pharmacology lecture on neuromuscular blocking agents, their receptor sites, and the antagonists thereof. Anybody want to join in the fun?

Actually, at the moment, "The Lost Cuban Trios of Casa Marina" - absolutely wonderful stuff!
    edited October 2010
    "Goin' South" by 880 South.

(One of those many bands that come from Long Beach and are influenced heavily by Sublime).
  • MagwangMagwang Veteran
    edited October 2010
    Quantic
    Mr. Scruff
    Chicago Transit Authority (their 1st album is amazing)
  • IronRabbitIronRabbit Veteran
    edited October 2010
    Huun-Huur-Tu: Sixty Horses in My Herd
    Tuvan throat singing anyone? Look it up and have a listen if you have never heard this - it is amazing - Tibetan monks learn this this technique for chanting. One set of vocal chords - two (maybe three) simultaneous tones!
    edited October 2010
    I'm listening to this.
  • Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran
    edited October 2010
    Justin Bieber's "You Smile" slowed down 800%. It's really ethereal. I listen to it when I write papers... the full version is like 40 mins long hahah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QspuCt1FM9M
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited October 2010
    Huun-Huur-Tu: Sixty Horses in My Herd
    Tuvan throat singing anyone? Look it up and have a listen if you have never heard this - it is amazing - Tibetan monks learn this this technique for chanting. One set of vocal chords - two (maybe three) simultaneous tones!

Actually Tuvans are Mongolian. Throat singing is big in Mongolia.

Palzang
    edited October 2010
    Palzang wrote: »
    Throat singing is big in Mongolia.

Is Mongolia kinda like Texas? EVERYTHING's big there :)
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited October 2010
    Except the population. The country is about the size of France with the population of metro Phoenix.

Palzang
    edited October 2010
    System of a down - Sad Statue
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, they got that whole "Gobi Desert" thing happening in Mongolia...
  • B5CB5C Veteran
    edited October 2010
    This:
    <object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aL6wlTDPiPU?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aL6wlTDPiPU?fs=1&hl=en_US&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited October 2010
    Mountains wrote: »
    Yeah, they got that whole "Gobi Desert" thing happening in Mongolia...

Actually the Gobi was my favorite place in Mongolia. Loved it there, and never in my wildest dreams did I imagine I'd actually go there.

Palzang
  • edited October 2010
    edited October 2010
    I don't think I've ever heard this combination of instruments, styles and cultures in one song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jebsV4uOKAs
  • edited October 2010
    Few links of songs I'm currently on listening to, or have just listened to in the past hour. I mostly listen to Japanese music, I've a great ammount of respect for Japanese people, culture and way of life. I rarely listen to English music.

Dir En Grey - Uncut video, makes Marilyn Manson look like a Carebear. (18+)
    Versailles: Philharonic Quintet - My favorite band, ever.

At this very second I am listening to Evanescence, one of few English spoken bands I do enjoy listening to. Amy Lee's voice is fantastic.
    edited October 2010
    Few links of songs I'm currently on listening to, or have just listened to in the past hour. I mostly listen to Japanese music, I've a great ammount of respect for Japanese people, culture and way of life. I rarely listen to English music.

Dir En Grey - Uncut video, makes Marilyn Manson look like a Carebear. (18+)
    Versailles: Philharonic Quintet - My favorite band, ever.

Nice. Any D'espairsray to go along with that?