Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

question

edited November 2010 in NewBuddhist.com
If I download an avatar and I get an "invalid file" message, does that mean the avatar is too big?

Comments

• LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited October 2010
    If you upload a new avatar and it says that, it probably means it's not the right file type: jpg, gif, or png. That, or the file is corrupt.
  • nanadhajananadhaja Veteran
    edited October 2010
    I had that problem when I took a picture using the camera on my computer.It was not one of the permitted formats.Also waaaaaaaaaaay too big.
    As a result I have had to use the camera on my phone,download(free)software to download the pictures to my pc then learn how to shrinky dink the photo down to an acceptable size.
    This forum seems determined to drag me kicking and screaming into the 21st century:lol:
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited October 2010
    nanadhaja wrote: »
    This forum seems determined to drag me kicking and screaming into the 21st century:lol:
    I know, karma's a bitch, ennit? ;)

Palzang
  • nanadhajananadhaja Veteran
    edited October 2010
    Palzang wrote: »
    I know, karma's a bitch, ennit? ;)

Palzang
    Do you think coz I disliked edumication when I was younger(aversion)khamma has come back to kick my butt?:dunce:
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited October 2010
    It's called "luddite karma"!

Palzang
  • ZaylZayl Veteran
    edited October 2010
    nanadhaja wrote: »
    I had that problem when I took a picture using the camera on my computer.It was not one of the permitted formats.Also waaaaaaaaaaay too big.
    As a result I have had to use the camera on my phone,download(free)software to download the pictures to my pc then learn how to shrinky dink the photo down to an acceptable size.

No one ever said that you had to choose only one century to live in ;)
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited November 2010
    In the How do Buddhists view Christians/Christianity thread under the Your Religion section, there are supposed to be 50 posts. However, I can't see past part of #19. Is there a flaw?
  • CloudCloud Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Nirvana wrote: »
    In the How do Buddhists view Christians/Christianity thread under the Your Religion section, there are supposed to be 50 posts. However, I can't see past part of #19. Is there a flaw?
    Works on mine, 50 posts on that page and then another one on page 2...
    edited November 2010
    Thanks, Cloud!

It still doesn't work on mine, though.
  • CloudCloud Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Hmm try a different internet browser, or perhaps disabling any add-ons that might be interfering for some reason? I've found that running both Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox can help with a variety of such issues, and Firefox is more secure I think (at least with AdBlock Plus set up right; http://www.mozilla.org/firefox).

Also try closing all of your browser windows and then re-open the browser and navigate back to the site. It could just be a temporary fluke... thingy.
    edited November 2010
    A very long-lasting fluke, Cloud. I rebooted my Mac and Safari still wouldn't open past #19. Opened Camino and found it intact.

Thanks!
    Cloud wrote: »
    Works on mine, 50 posts on that page and then another one on page 2...

You know you can go to User CP and Edit Options to allow 100 posts per page, for greater convenience.
  • CloudCloud Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Aha! I did not know you could adjust posts-per-page. Thanks Nirvana. :)
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited November 2010
    zidangus accidentally pasted some errant code into his post (#19) that caused the page to stop loading in Safari. Gecko-based browsers (Mozilla & Camino) at least were unaffected. Fixt.
    edited November 2010
    Fixt indeed, Linc. Thanks!