Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Kathina

nanadhajananadhaja Veteran
edited November 2010 in Sanghas
Hi.Just wanted to share a few photos as our temple begins preparations for Kathina tomorrow.We are actually starting tonight and will continue in the morning.
Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

Comments

• ShiftPlusOneShiftPlusOne Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Looking good.

What's Kathina?
  • nanadhajananadhaja Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Kathina is the end of the rains season,where the monks all stay within the confines of the temple for 3 months.After this they can begin to travel and do a few other things that they were restricted from doing over this time.The devotees wll come to the temple and give offerings of monks requisites(robes etc)This will be followed by metta chanting,a candle light procession around the temple and a dhamma talk.
    As i am but a rookie monk myself I have only given the briefest details here,but hopefully a bhikku of some experience may come and give more details.
    With metta.
    Oh yeah,I think I have learned how to shrinky dink my photos so hopefully the next lot I post won't be so huge.:o
  • ShiftPlusOneShiftPlusOne Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Interesting
  • BonsaiDougBonsaiDoug Simply, on the path. Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Thank you so much for sharing the photos.
  • TandaTanda Explorer
    edited November 2010
    Interesting and good pictures. Thanks
    edited November 2010
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Thanks for the pictures, especially numbers 3 & 4 in the first post. BTW, are those names in the blue rectangles at the upper left in #4 (near the PERFECT SILENCE sign)?

May the Robe be exquisitely sewn, prayerfully offered, received with sincere humility and grace, and auspiciously worn over a long life of service!
    edited November 2010
    Nirvana wrote: »
    Thanks for the pictures, especially numbers 3 & 4 in the first post. BTW, are those names in the blue rectangles at the upper left in #4 (near the PERFECT SILENCE sign)?

May the Robe be exquisitely sewn, prayerfully offered, received with sincere humility and grace, and auspiciously worn over a long life of service!
    Hi.Yes they are the names of devotees that gave so generously 20 years ago to help build the shrine hall.
    With metta