Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Tibetian Dzogchen and Thai Theravada

HanzzeHanzze Veteran
edited November 2010 in Sanghas
http://www.what-buddha-taught.net/Books9/Ajahn_Amaro_Small-Boat_Great-Mountain.pdf

When the Arahant goes Bodhisattva... what ever connects the Sangha is good.

Comments

• CloudCloud Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Didn't realize that was a full book-thingy. What's the word on it, or why do you recommend it?
  • HanzzeHanzze Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Read it only if it seems beneficial for you :-)
  • CloudCloud Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Well that's what I was asking kinda, some synopsis about what the book/thingy is actually about so I know whether or not it would be. ;)
  • HanzzeHanzze Veteran
    edited November 2010
    No risk no fun :-) You could pass your last chance to enlightenment ;-)

or one could say: When constant, merciless change becomes the expectation rather than the aversion, then the real journey finally begins.
  • edited November 2010
    This is an interesting work by Ajahn Amaro.
    The foundations of Dzogchen are clearly present in the Pali nikayas.
    One of the most interesting examples in my opinion is the section on the internal and external elements in the Majjhima Nikaya.
  • CloudCloud Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Hanzze wrote: »
    No risk no fun :-) You could pass your last chance to enlightenment ;-)

or one could say: When constant, merciless change becomes the expectation rather than the aversion, then the real journey finally begins.
    Yeah, if they wanted to confuse the one that said it... ? (somehow missed your point, but I just woke up soooo) ;)

Downloaded that PDF, thanks.
  • CloudCloud Veteran
    edited November 2010
    Longer read than I thought, but fully worth the time. :)
  • andyrobynandyrobyn Veteran
    edited November 2010
    This is an interesting work by Ajahn Amaro.
    The foundations of Dzogchen are clearly present in the Pali nikayas.
    One of the most interesting examples in my opinion is the section on the internal and external elements in the Majjhima Nikaya.

Yes, this was well displayed and explained ... thank you for this link Hanzee, one that I am sharing with many others :)
  • edited November 2010

Ajahn Amaro is taking over as abbot of Amaravati Monastery in the UK this month. Ajahn Sumedho is retiring (he's 76) and is going to live in Thailand.

Recent talks from Ajahn Amaro and Ajahn Sumedho can be found here:

http://www.amaravati.org/abmnew/index.php/teachings/audio

_/\_