Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The little yellow New Post Button

MindGateMindGate United States Veteran
edited December 2010 in NewBuddhist.com
Just like Mario, it seems as though it is missing. It doesn't show up for me anymore right now.

Comments

• New post "button", like to post? It's the big button that says "Start New Discussion" now.
  • MindGateMindGate United States Veteran
    edited December 2010
    No, the square that says if theres a new post. ... Lincoln added that feature when he updated. The little square went away for me...
  • Ah. Still here on mine. Try flushing your browser cache and then reloading the site.
    Nope, didn't work. Oh well. Doesn't matter I guess.
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    Wait, you're saying NO discussions have the little yellow "New" box on the main list any more?
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    I have the little box, so I'm cool.
    I think somebody mentioned a question on 'where's the "latest post" icon' to go straight to the newest comment, but I think hitting the thread title and scrolling down should do it...........
    Vanilla will jump you to the last comment unless you're using "Mark All Viewed" which messes that up right now.
  • LesCLesC Bermuda Veteran
    @Lincoln Is this happening for everybody? My new posts is clearly not working, and it's now starting to be a PITA. Every thread that has a new post sticker, shows all posts as new. I'm getting tired of scriolling through all these posts to see which ones I haven't read. This needs to be at the top of the list now. Sorry... too much sugar over the holidays. :(
    Yes. To get it to work correctly stop using "Mark All Viewed" for now and it will start remembering again (1 discussion at a time as you re-view them).
    I might have accidently pressed that or something. :hiding:
    OK... many thanks!
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    How do you stop using 'mark all viewed'...?
    I have it at the top of the page, but how to prevent it activating?
    I click on it, and nothing happens to indicate whatever is supposed to happen.....
    Errr, you stop using it by not clicking on it :p
    :wtf: :lol:
  • Ahhh crap I clicked it to, to see what it would do, and now all my posts are marked as viewed and there's no way to go back. THANKS. :P

Happy New Year! :D
    In other news: this is now fixed :D

You may click "Mark All Viewed" with reckless abandon and it won't lose your spot any more for the jump-to-latest.

HOWEVER, if you were already using it, note that it's not going to start remembering until after your next visit to each discussion. It just won't lose it's place any more in the future.
    edited December 2010
    Ok, let me get this straight.
    Clicking the little yellow button with new posts is meant to take you to the latest posts?
    If this is the case - it doesn't.
    And clicking on the thread title takes me to the first OP post.

Is there anything going wrong here?
    edited December 2010
    No.

When you click on a discussion, it's supposed to automatically take you to the first unread comment.

If you've been clicking "Mark All Viewed", it used to RESET how many you've read. Therefore you'd always go to the first comment.

FROM NOW ON, it will remember how many you've read (even when you click "Mark All Viewed"). This won't take effect until the SECOND time you view a discussion FROM THIS MOMENT ON.
    OK...... no need to shout...... :dunce: :D
    Not shouting :p Caps are just easier than typing out bold tags.
    Now, now... play nice... thanks Lincoln,,, this is a biggie for me!!! :)
    edited January 2011
    Not shouting :p Caps are just easier than typing out bold tags.
    Ain't that the truth....:rolleyes:
    I'm typing out < / blockquote > before every post I quote, in order to copy and paste... same with the italic, bold and underline tags.
    It's easier to do them once, copy and paste, than do it each time....

(Clicks on smiley, highlights, cuts, pastes where required.....!)

edited January 2011
    Having logged on and off several times today, I'm pleased to report the little yellow thingys are working as advertised now. Many, many thanks.