Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Problem with email notifications

edited December 2010 in NewBuddhist.com
Hopefully I'm putting this in the right category.

Just wondered if anyone else is having problems with email notifications? I use to get them before the site was upgraded, but don't seem to be getting them any more. I've checked my account preferences and they appear to be set up correctly.

The only thing I can see that might be a problem is the checkbox about bookmarked discussions. Am I supposed to be bookmarking discussions I contribute to on an individual basis? I'm not sure if it's just me, or the way the site is being displayed on my setup, but I can't find any option for bookmarking discussions anyway.

Comments

• same here
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Go into your profile.
    edit "My preferences".

Does that work?
  • I also can't find an option to search a user's posts. The search function also does not seem to work properly as it used to bring up a user's posts *ie at least as an alternate function*. As to PMs I have no idea how to start one now, it only says "All conversations" on the inbox page. It would be good to get some responses too as can't get no response.
  • edited December 2010
    Go into your profile.
    edit "My preferences".

Does that work?
    No, I've tried that and saving my preferences again (even though I never changed anything) and it, well, never changed anything.

Oddly though, I did get email notifications of the responses to this topic lol. So I think the problem must only be with topics I've commented on and didn't start myself.

Floating Abu, I sent someone a private message a few days ago. The way I did it was by finding their username on a post they'd made and clicking on it. From what I remember there was then some option to send them a private message. Then there was some issue with this person's username in particular because it had ' in it, but I managed to get around this by typing their username in manually when it appeared with funny characters in it. Hope that helps.
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    You need to bookmark a discussion now to get an email. Click the lotus flower at the top right of the discussion.
  • Thanks Lincoln. I did notice the lotus flowers, but I didn't know what they were for. I thought they were just there to look pretty. Hehe.