Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

things falling into place?

edited January 2011 in NewBuddhist.com
hi,
I need your opinion, since being drawn to buddhism. Starting meditation and implementing detachment to every aspect of my life things are just falling into place. I cant make sense of this and wanted to know if anyone else experienced this?

You know its like last night during a loving kindness meditation i adapted it slightly and said 'may i be able to see those who have caused me harm' what happens today at work a email was left at a printer in which 2 close friends and colleagues exchanged emails in which they had a free flow of pleasure at my contract being ended and literally slagging me off. Is this coincidence or something more?

A few things like this have happened recently has anyone else experienced anything like this or am i reading to far into things?

LL

Comments

• JakbobJakbob Explorer
    I've noticed this in my own life :). "Coincidences" maybe or just life unfolding as it will? I don't know. For me, I notice often that pieces of knowledge I learned in certain areas of life are being applied to others that I never would have thought would turn up there... It's very nice. :).
  • Coincidence? Who knows? Nobody can say for sure. While things may seem like they're falling into place now, tomorrow things may fall apart. So my advice is to take all experiences for what they are - empty of inherent existence :)
  • MindGateMindGate United States Veteran
    As much as I complain about life... my life is good. Everything has always, and still does, fall into place. That just seems to be the nature of things for me.
  • MindGate, I'm glad you're feeling better today. But watch those mood swings; you may need some sort of medication. Stay in touch with us, OK?
  • MindGateMindGate United States Veteran
    Okay. :/ I suppose it depends on the day and the events of that day. Perhaps I'm too overly emotion, even.
  • Well it sounds like it gets very serious for you, on the bad days. Your mood, I mean. So that's not something to take lightly. You probably don't want to do all this stuff, like go to the doctor, organize a Buddhist group, etc. etc., but you may find that you'll need to take at least a couple of the recommended measures. I think finding an on-line religion course (distance learning) is a good idea, since boredom has come up for you before, and you're obviously bright.
  • Coincidence? Who knows? Nobody can say for sure. While things may seem like they're falling into place now, tomorrow things may fall apart. So my advice is to take all experiences for what they are - empty of inherent existence :)
    Very true. Don't look on Buddhism or your practice as a magic bullet that will make everything in your life sweetness and light. It's great that it's happening right now, but that's no guarantee that your suffering will be forever ended. I can pretty much guarantee that it won't. Enjoy what's happening, and enjoy your practice, but continue to live your life and take what comes with equanimity.

• Who knows for sure. I've noticed some of this in my own life as well. Seems to follow the principles of karma pretty well lol.
  • hi,
    during a loving kindness meditation i adapted it slightly and said 'may i be able to see those who have caused me harm'

Slightly?

You've turned it into an exercise of hate. Don't do it again if you want to have anything resembling a Buddhist practice.

Why did you decide to do such a meditation? Are you suffering more or less because as a result?

Counteract it immediately by meditating: "May I be able to see those who have helped, supported and hoped for me" and "May my co-workers be happy and wise."

• shanyinshanyin Novice Yogin Sault Ontario Veteran
    I think Buddhajunkie is right.

There are instructions out there where you meditate by sending loving kindness to people are fond of but I think that's another thing.
  • i never intended to adapt it- i sort of blurted it out. I can't explain it - which is why i rember saying that.

I tell you what since meditating i see things a lot more clearly, im not so impulsive and basic attachments have stopped.
  • shanyinshanyin Novice Yogin Sault Ontario Veteran
    Mugzy is right things may fall apart. They did for me.

Keep the practices in your daily life.

I'm not saying it will.