Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Self-Sinking

CloudCloud Veteran
edited February 2011 in NewBuddhist.com
I had an idea... the ability to self-sink a thread so it just goes away. Or maybe hide it? Either one.

The thing is with the new layout, I for one find myself always staying on the home page. I have threads bookmarked and such, but the home page combines bookmarked threads with new threads and ones I only "sorta" wanna keep up with. However if a thread comes along that is completely dis-interesting, there's no way to get it off that home page if it's active. Worse when there are several, then suddenly it's back to weeding through...

It would be nice to be able to tell the software that you'd rather not have that thread show up on the home page at all, ever...

Just a thought.

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    If you want to sink one of your own threads, just tell us, we'll do it.
    If you don't want to subscribe, just click on the lotus to the right.

if curiosity gets the better of you, you can always click it again....

Other than that - Lincoln may be able to help you....
  • I think he wants to 'block' threads he disfavors so they don't clutter up what he does see.
  • Right. Just an idea. I mean the Home Page is ideal to sit on; it displays brand new threads, bookmarked threads, threads that are bumped to the top that I might wanna take a look at... it's a great all-in-one. I don't even have to go to the other tabs (Bookmarks, Commented, Etc.)... The one exception are the threads that keep popping up that are just taking up room on that Home Page. If we could hide or sink threads that would be great, as a per-user thing. I don't think I'd be the only one who'd like the feature, but I don't expect my suggestion will have much importance so don't worry about me. :D
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    Probably not going to be able to do that in the near future. The system for doing that isn't trivial to manipulate.
  • That's ok. Thanks for your time.
  • When I saw this thread from the All category it sounded like a very buddhist title. I was surprised to see what it was about. Anyhow maybe sometime in the future we will have this. 20 years ago barely even an internet.