Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

[disabled again] Return of the WYSIWYG editor for NewBuddhist

LincLinc Site ownerDetroit Moderator
edited February 2011 in NewBuddhist.com

You can easily insert bold, italics, lists, images, quotes, and links again! Yay!

Caveat: If you edit a post, it'll break the comment box at the end of the page until you refresh the page. It's a known bug, but I didn't think it was bad enough to hold off on deploying it any longer.

For those lacking a firm grounding in web slang, WYSIWYG (pronounced "wizzywig") = What You See Is What You Get.

Comments

• edited February 2011

:clap:

OK, but, why isn't the "clap" clapping?  :-/  (I wanted to celebrate this momentous occasion.)

• CloudCloud Veteran
    edited February 2011

I never knew WYSIWYG actually had a pronunciation. :) Wizzywig... ahahahaha!

• LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited February 2011

Maybe :clap: in the middle...

//edit: Bug in the Emotify plugin. Doesn't work on a line by itself when combined with the WYSIWYG editor.

//edit2: Fixed now. See @MindGate? that's what strikeout is for :p

• MindGateMindGate United States Veteran
    edited February 2011

You are a silly RABBIT. 

I never understood the point of this line, though.

Good job, Lincoln. 

:) 

• JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator

No more preview button, huh?

@Jason Preview doesn't make a tremendous amount of sense when you're already previewing it as you type, right?

@MindGate It does mostly work, it's just for some reason if the emoticon is at the end of a line it doesn't work. I don't really get what's going on.

It's time to brainwash educate @MindGate on what a strikeout is for... :orange:

• MindGateMindGate United States Veteran

When programming things, I absolutely hate when glitches occur and theres really no feesible reason as to why is happens.

edited February 2011

@MindGate I got it working :) There was some updated code I'd missed.

• SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited February 2011

@Lincoln. Thank you. Three problems: misspellings no longer automatically highlighted, 'link' button seems inoperative and comment writing is in very small font.

@Simonthepilgrim You'll need to highlight something to link before the 'link' button is usable. I shall likewise make a note to crank up the font size, I had noticed that as well and find it equally annoying. The spell-check I'm not sure I can fix as it's a browser feature that the editor is likely messing up. I'll look into it.

• Thanks

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2011

@Simonthepilgrim You'll need to highlight something to link before the 'link' button is usable. I shall likewise make a note to crank up the font size, I had noticed that as well and find it equally annoying. The spell-check I'm not sure I can fix as it's a browser feature that the editor is likely messing up. I'll look into it.

What's happened to the "insert an image' gizmo we had before?
    Not all my images have URLs...

You had a really good system for downloading images already stored on the computer.

So how does that work now?

mysplelchkee r is also now non0functionnel.

The link button:

I've just highlighted the URL for this page. 

http://newbuddhist.com/discussion/9407/return-of-the-wysiwyg-editor-for-newbuddhist

Zip.

It doesn't work properly.

Give me the correct procedure sequence...

:skeptic:

Smiley not working.

The "attach a file only appears if you edit the post. When  you initially  "add comment" there's no facility....

And how do you know when the "quote" is finished?
    My post is a mess!! 

This is confusing me again! 

:D

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2011

ThanksI have no idea how the quote facility functions...

Where the hell does the post disappear to, when you're quoting it???

Where the hell does the post disappear to, when you're quoting it???

edited February 2011

There's a bug with quoting, it seems. I may need to turn it back off until I've licked that.

The smilies work fine after you post.

You highlight the word you wish to turn into a link, not the URL in the address bar of your browser.

//edit: I also still see "Attach a file" everywhere.

Well, my 'skeptic' and my 'grin' didn't work for me. 

trying link thingy:

Oh. Gotcha.

Smileys?

:D

Nope.....

Your browser is caching an older version of the Javascript for the smilies. It needs to be cleared.

edited February 2011
    Sorry folks, turned it back off until I can fix the quoting issue - that's a deal breaker as it is hopelessly confusing. I neglected to test that bit. It will be back soon.
    testing smileys, as it worked in another thread.... ;)
    lie down, Lincoln. In a dark warm room.... :D