Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

A Girl at Work

comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
edited June 2005 in Buddhism Today
I was talking to a girl at work that I kind of consider a friend. She was telling me that she just broke up with her boyfriend but she was wanting to call him back but she also said she didn't really want him. Well I had time because I had gone in early and I was hanging out. I like to eat Chinese food from the place next door. Well I listened to her dilemma and I started telling her about what I have been realizing lately here on the forum. I explained to her the 4 noble truths and the 5 precepts. I also went into telling her about "attachments" and "labels". She said all of it made sense. I told her what I was told here. It only makes sense because you already knew it. ;) She told me that her other friends offered no real advice and they just told her to forget about it. She said she felt a lot better after talking to me. I also told her if she was interested in meditatiing I would help her. Meditating is the one thing I have a lot of practice doing because of my martial arts background. She told me she was already thinking of learning. We will see. I felt good helping her. I thank you all again for helping me so I could pass it along. :)

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2005
    This is a classic example, and living proof of how we are born dependent, we strive for independence, we meet, fall in love and live with someone and thus become co-dependent, and then something comes along to teach us without doubt, in no uncertain terms that we're all interdependent.... all little links in the marvellous chain... good on you, Comic!!