Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Happy birthday, young Padawan

SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
edited February 2006 in General Banter
However you intend to celebrate your birthday, dear student, may it be a wonderful day. I remember 42 (1985) - one of my happiest years: I managed to buy a lovely basement flat in West Hampstead, I was in an undemanding job that paid well, my health was good and - to crown it all - I met and fell in love with Chris!

Many, many happy returns.

Comments

• PadawanPadawan Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Thank you Simon! :) Strangely enough, like yourself at that time, I am also looking to buy a family home. I'm looking for somewhere a little more accommodating for my wife and extended family of cats, in a nice, quiet location that's more conducive to meditation. I'm hoping that I will be able to find a compromise between the eightfold path, and the slightly cold-blooded mindset I'll need to deal with the estate agents and solicitors! :lol: I'm seriously very flattered that I've been accepted here after such a short period of time- I'm very grateful for that. :)
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2006
    Padawan.... You can never compromise when following the Eightold Path... You either "follow" it or you don't...
    But perhaps waht you mean (and I can relate absolutely, totally completely) is that you need to find a way to act in such a way that will indicate to the Estate Agent and Solicitors that you're no patsy, walk-over or complacent, ingratiating doormat, and that you therefore find, hold and secure the best possible result for you & yours - whilst still adhereing and being True to that which is your Guide and Help....

I'm currently up tp my neck in a legal wrangle.... so I'm with you on this one. It's not easy. :)

All the very best, and good luck.... ;)

Oh and of course, I'm so sorry.... A very Happy (belated, but still earnestly-meant) Birthday.....
  • PadawanPadawan Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Yes Fede- that's exactly what I meant, and many thanks!
  • edited February 2006
    Happy birthday! Sorry I am late - hope you had a good day!

Kim
  • edited February 2006
    (thud thud thud thud) size 8 boots running to catch up to YogaMamma - and me (puff, pant) Happy birthday, lovie (wheeze, cough) sorry I'm late (gasp, choke) hope you had a good day!
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited February 2006
    Padawan,

I'm sorry for being late too! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

:D

Jason
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Me too, Padawan!

Happy belated birthday! :birthday:

:cheer: :cheer: :birthday:

:wavey:

Best wishes,
    Brigid.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2006
    Happy Birthday too, today, to emmak and Enan... Time they came back and joined in again - !!
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited February 2006
    I don't want to miss the opportunity to wish you a happy birthday, even though late.

Many, Many, Many, Many More Healthy & Happy Birthdays, Padawan!

Nirvana

I've noticed NB logging me out sometimes - but not at others. Don't know why that is.

I just use it for a lesson - things are sometimes what they seem - and at other times... not.

Just think of being "logged in" as another sign of impermanence...

—buddhafoot