Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

A blank slate

LostSoulLostSoul Veteran
edited October 2011 in General Banter
Sometimes I wish I could just start over fresh, with a blank slate, without all these stupid basies, opinions, and mind-crap that weighs me down.

Ignorance is bliss I guess :)

Anybody know of anywhere that sells those memory-whipe lasers they use on Men In Black?

LOL

Comments

• CloudCloud Veteran
    edited October 2011
    We get a blank slate. Birth and death, ya'know (or death and birth). ;) Whatever this "stuff" that we are now has been or done in the countless eons before our living memory, we have no clue. At least that isn't weighing us down. Whatever beings are born in the future out of this same stuff, they get a blank slate too.

I don't know of any mind-wipe lasers... currently. :D
    LostSoul
  • if you can watch your mind and thoughts come and go.

why bother with them?
  • GuiGui Veteran
    if you can watch your mind and thoughts come and go.

why bother with them?
    a thousand indeeds
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
    Every moment is a blank slate on which we choose to write. If you doubt it, try finding your thoughts and beliefs and emotions -- whether nifty or awful -- when you sneeze.
  • Every moment is a blank slate on which we choose to write. If you doubt it, try finding your thoughts and beliefs and emotions -- whether nifty or awful -- when you sneeze.
    Do you - can you always - choose to stop writing, @genkaku
  • zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran
    if you started over with a blank slate, theoretically, you'd probably just fill it up with crap again since you'd lose the idea you are currently clinging to of the negative crap that is bogging you down... :)
    Every moment is a blank slate on which we choose to write. If you doubt it, try finding your thoughts and beliefs and emotions -- whether nifty or awful -- when you sneeze.
    Do you - can you always - choose to stop writing, @genkaku

Perhaps not, but you can follow the wisdom of the bumper sticker that advises, "Don't believe everything you think."
  • But I create those lies, genkaku.

Thankyou for answering.

Abu
    But I create those lies, genkaku.

Thankyou for answering.

Abu
    And, without playing Buddhist games, who is the one who creates this "I?"

Many blessings, and thankyou always for all your help, and kindness to me.

• I hope I am not misquoting Lama Chime, but he said something to the effect of "Bad choices in the past are simply opportunities to learn, to do better next time".
  • SattvaPaulSattvaPaul South Wales, UK Veteran
  • @genkaku hillarious, I see your point ;)

@sattvapaul I'll make sure to erm... acquire that... sounds interesting