Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Yay the move is over....

edited February 2006 in General Banter
the trek from TN to NC went well, besides the fact I have never driven anything bigger than a minivan and had to drive a 17' Uhaul through the Smoky Mountains. Still have tons of boxes to be unloaded but it feels good to be getting settled in a bit. What did I miss?

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2006
    Three bannings, two books, nine new members and a wedding..

Not much....

:lol::lol::D
  • edited February 2006
    hehe... what did these people do to get banned?
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2006
    .....They just disappeared for a few days with the feeble excuse that they were moving, but I know they just went to refill their water pistols with diluted custard.....

Oh, hang on......
  • edited February 2006
    Who got married? How did I miss that??? :confused:
    edited February 2006
    Jeeezz!! You and BF, silly! I told you not to smoke any more of that stuff!
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Easy now, Freddie.

No starting false rumors.

You know I can't stand jabberjaws...

-bf
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Welcome back, LFA. Glad you're safe and sound.

If you feel like it, tell me a little about the Smoky Mountains. I have all these romantic notions about them and I bet you could give me a dose of reality. What's it like driving through them? Did you see anything beautiful? Scary? Strange? Eerie? I've never been there.

Just curious.

Brigid
  • edited February 2006
    Now, now, federica. Don't be starting rumors.
  • edited February 2006
    Brigid wrote:
    Welcome back, LFA. Glad you're safe and sound.

If you feel like it, tell me a little about the Smoky Mountains. I have all these romantic notions about them and I bet you could give me a dose of reality. What's it like driving through them? Did you see anything beautiful? Scary? Strange? Eerie? I've never been there.

Just curious.

Brigid

All I have to say is WOW to the scenery. As we started to approach them we knew exactly why they are called the Smokey Mountains. I wish I had a camera with me to have taken photos cause it's pretty much indescibable but I'll try my best. Basically we rounded the corner on the interstate and thought something might have been on fire, but there wasn't. There were wispy bands of smoke all around the mountains, some much thicker. It honestly looked like someone could have photoshopped this scene, but it was so real and awesome. Awesome in the sense you can't comprehend it unless you see it. Other than that, once on the mountain I was a bit fearful as I've nbever driven a truck as big as I did and with as much weight in the back. It was slowgoing but it was better to take time than plummet off into a ravine or something. I was trying hard to take in the scenerey but also to not crash so I really can't remember much except for when we first passed that corner and saw the beauty of the Smokies. I'll try to find some photos on the net that look close to what I saw.
    edited February 2006
    YogaMama wrote:
    Now, now, federica. Don't be starting rumors.

Dang - !! Nor even just a little eentsy-teensy teeny-weeny one....? :eek2:

Buddhafoot - I love SUSHI....!! gimme gimme gimme - !! :thumbsup:
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Look closely and you will realize...

I Found Nemo!

-bf
    edited February 2006
    Good! Now hand it over, and extra wasabi and pickled ginger here!!
  • edited February 2006
    LOL!!!! I just noticed that was Nemo! LOL!!!
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2006
    All I have to say is WOW to the scenery. As we started to approach them we knew exactly why they are called the Smokey Mountains. I wish I had a camera with me to have taken photos cause it's pretty much indescibable but I'll try my best. Basically we rounded the corner on the interstate and thought something might have been on fire, but there wasn't. There were wispy bands of smoke all around the mountains, some much thicker. It honestly looked like someone could have photoshopped this scene, but it was so real and awesome. Awesome in the sense you can't comprehend it unless you see it. Other than that, once on the mountain I was a bit fearful as I've nbever driven a truck as big as I did and with as much weight in the back. It was slowgoing but it was better to take time than plummet off into a ravine or something. I was trying hard to take in the scenerey but also to not crash so I really can't remember much except for when we first passed that corner and saw the beauty of the Smokies. I'll try to find some photos on the net that look close to what I saw.

Thanks you so much for that. It sounds breathtaking. I have a bunch of photos of the Smoky Mountains from Webshots that I love. I'd really like to see them in person some day.

Brigid