Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Temples

catygtzcatygtz New
edited October 2011 in Sanghas
Hi I would like to have a sabbatical month (or two), and go to a temple maybe to Nepal or India is there a way I can go and not pay that much and stay in the temple, or maybe exchange my stay for service at the temple, is there a way I can do that?

Comments

• Just a hint: Don't look for monasteries which are used to do such service to foreigner, don't look for nice and comfortable monasteries, the simpler the better.

I would just go there with less plans and if it comes that way it will be good as it is.
    If one likes to make a secure retread I would say its much better to use western managed institutions.

If there is a deal, there is no Dharma behind.

*smile*
  • edited October 2011
    Hi I would like to have a sabbatical month (or two), and go to a temple maybe to Nepal or India is there a way I can go and not pay that much and stay in the temple, or maybe exchange my stay for service at the temple, is there a way I can do that?
    Hi,

If you have a month or two , there is Lumbini Sacred Garden, the birth place of the Buddha. There is a Meditation Center that provides meditation retreat and numerous monasteries in that zone. In India, there is a Global Vipassana Pagoda in Gorai and Jaipur ideal to go on a retreat, volunteer ,etc..

http://www.globalpagoda.org/