Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

We now have a Facebook page

BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
edited November 2011 in NewBuddhist.com
If you're interested in connecting with us on Facebook, give the NewBuddhist Facebook page a like! I'd also like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that we can be found on Twitter as well!

Comments

• cool, I already am signed up to the dalai lama on facebook lol. Cheers :thumbsup:
  • Cool! Though I rather like being anonymous :)
  • MindGateMindGate United States Veteran
    edited November 2011
    Cool! Though I rather like being anonymous :)
    I stay anonymous on facebook. Fake info. Screw their terms of service. :p They won't sell my info to companies.
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    Awesome!
    Thanks!
  • thumbs up.
  • zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran
    i prefer the anonymity as well. although i did LIKE the newbuddhist fb page and i may even comment on it from time to time, i prefer not to be connected to my fb via fbconnect like you mentioned on the actual fb page. others might really dig it though...
  • Indeed, anonymity is a very good thing to have on any social networking site. A co-worker of mine just got fired for comments that were posted on one. You never know who mite be reading your page...
  • Indeed, anonymity is a very good thing to have on any social networking site. A co-worker of mine just got fired for comments that were posted on one. You never know who mite be reading your page...
    This is entirely true, prospective employers use them all the time, and current employees are monitored on their internet use as well. My friend was warned against using Facebook at work, he could not help himself, and they terminated him. Mine FB is locked down for that and other reasons.
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    You never know who mite be reading your page...
    I totally disagree with this. Everybody is reading everything, always.

This is perfect practice for Buddhist mindfulness; if you are mindful of what you are posting, how can anything hurt you? How can anything bother you? Just be mindful that everything you type on that keyboard is available to anyone who wants it, any time.

Then be free, and happy, because why should it bother you? :D
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    ....Because my real name is Trevor, I'm 47, live with my mom, and I collect toenail clippings.....?
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited November 2011
    Well I'm 34 live with my mom, ex drinker, collect magic the gathering cards, play video games, have x differences with others (race, economic, politic), draw and publish mediocre paintings, heathen buddhist, unemployed, no wife/kids/girlfriend, mentally ill reporting advocacy etc

You shouldn't be ashamed for anything you are doing that is not harming.

Unless you think you have to be this guy to be somebody

Photobucket
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    Well I'm 34 live with my mom, ex drinker, collect magic the gathering cards, play video games, have x differences with others (race, economic, politic), draw and publish mediocre paintings, heathen buddhist, unemployed, no wife/kids/girlfriend, mentally ill reporting advocacy etc

You shouldn't be ashamed for anything you are doing that is not harming.

Unless you think you have to be this guy to be somebody

Photobucket
    Thank you! Seriously! Thank you!
  • edited November 2011
    I have 'liked'! :D And even posted!