Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Website issues

LincLinc Site ownerDetroit Moderator
edited December 2011 in NewBuddhist.com
Apologies for the downtime and instances of Icrontic.com showing up instead of this site. Our hosting company has screwed up very badly this evening and is working to undo their mess. It may be a bit longer until it's fully resolved.

Comments

• DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    Thank you! I got scared! :( LOL!
  • possibilitiespossibilities PNW, WA State Veteran
    Had to go check out Icrontic.com - I just got an error message. Fatal just popped error just popped up :-) what a wild ride tonight
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    Yes, be aware that despite the "fatal" errors the requests are still going thru and working. Still working to put everything back in place.

This was the server admin equivalent of turning a bull loose in a china shop. "HEY WHATS THIS IS IT BREAKABLE"
  • You are the code master, I have no clue how any of that would work. Thanks for putting your effort in though :) I thought at first it was my computer that was the problem lol
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    Heh, I have newbuddhist bookmarked on my browser, and it has the icrontic hat guy next to it. :p
    More troubles today. Still working on it.
  • I was just minutes ago getting "crashed" messages when I tried to get into the Discussions section. The Articles page was fine, but trying to get into Discussions, I was blocked. Good to know you are actively working on this. Gratitude to you and Brian for your efforts. (Oh no, are we getting attached to this site? Bad Buddhists, bad Buddhists! :lol: )
    Yes, part of the database crashed and had to be restored. Whether that's related to our overall issues I do not know yet.
    I believe I've found the cause and dealt with it.