Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

What Do You Think Of the New Blue?

DakiniDakini Veteran
edited January 2012 in NewBuddhist.com
I know you've been working hard, Lincoln, but... I hate it. Sorry.
It makes it look like the other forum, "Buddhism Is". Is that one yours, too? Could we have a different color? Can we vote? Is there a dark red, like a Buddhist color? Anything but blue, please. Just my opinion. :-/

It's nice to have the avatars fixed, though.

Comments

• P.S. With the pink lotus, maroon or purple might look nice. Whatever. We do appreciate your hard work.
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited January 2012
    Problem solved. :D
  • vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    I care more about substance. Whatever Lincoln wants color-wise is great with me. I just appreciate all of his work.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    @Jason.....

...huh...?
  • It was a bit of a shock when I first arrived but that was only because I had expectations.

I didn't realize that some attachments can be so subtle until I saw the bright blue. I consider it a lesson learned..
  • Did that really happen?
  • I didn't realize that some attachments can be so subtle until I saw the bright blue. I consider it a lesson learned..
    haha! Good point! ^_^

edited January 2012
    @Jason.....

...huh...?
    I was referring to the colour, which was changed during the massive theme rewriting project @Lincoln undertook from blue back to the original not long after this thread was created.
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    I didn't realize that some attachments can be so subtle until I saw the bright blue. I consider it a lesson learned..
    haha! Good point! ^_^

I was here for that moment as well. Gratitude for putting into words what I took away from it.

• It was a bit of a surprise, kind of like a change of haircut on somebody you know well. But if you live with monks or nuns, that will not really matter :om:
  • This looks like it's back to normal, isn't it? This is the way it's been for years, prior to recent changes? this looks great. It's nice to be home. :)
  • possibilitiespossibilities PNW, WA State Veteran
    Elegant simplicity wins.
  • I was referring to the colour, which was changed during the massive theme rewriting project @Lincoln undertook from blue back to the original not long after this thread was created.
    Many thanks to @Lincoln. On the ball, as ever. A round of applause. :clap: :clap:
    edited January 2012
    For what it's worth, I don't think Lincoln intended to the colour to remain blue. Rewriting the theme design just takes a lot of time and code, and everything doesn't necessarily fall into place all at once, so it was probably just a temporary thing until he was able to restore the original colour.
  • I don't see any blue
  • I don't see any blue
    It's gone, now, he fixed it. Turns out it was a temporary glitch that appeared briefly over the weekend.

• LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited January 2012
    It was your browser's cache. You were getting new markup + old stylesheets.

Yeah, I rewrote NewBuddhist's forum theme over the weekend to vastly simplify it without changing the visible style much at all. :) Sorry for the confusion.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Does that mean our contracts need reviewing....?

I haven't had a proper tea break for 5 years...... :D