Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Is there room in your Soul for Loving yourself?

federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky...Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
edited June 2005 in General Banter
Ok, folks, here's a new thread for you.....
This world can at times be a demoralising, depressing and sad place to be. We as Buddhists are trying, in our own small way, to make it a better place. Sometimes, in the face of prejudice, ignorance, dellusion and hostility, it's a bit of an uphill struggle - so just what is it that keeps us going? Our studies, our devotion, our determination, yes, maybe so.... But we also have.... our SELVES....
Sometimes, we can be so focussed on "doing Right" that we forget to acknowlege the 'Do-er'. And we have to put up with so much crap, we forget the compliments and the praise we might have received along the way.
I'm going to give us permission - just here, just for a while, - to be in our Egos.
List a quality - or qualities - about YOURSELF that you admire. It doesn't have to be a big thing (I like my smile) or it could be huge (I am helpful and generous without need for recompense). Be nice to yourself. Recognise the Glow within yourself, and let it shine!

And just to keep things on the straight and narrow.....

RULES:
Be straight, and to the point.
No explanations, excuses or elaborations.
NO responses, comments or off-topic..
No criticisms, or contradictions
No apologies
No five-page posts on why's and wherefore's

oh, and....
No more than 500 posts per person (!)

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2005
    I can make people Laugh.
  • edited June 2005
    Besides the muscles and that smile, it has to be my hysterical laugh!
  • edited June 2005
    The qualities I amire in myself are not of the conditioned mind, and so not of the ego.

BUT (without breaking too many other rules!)

1. Open nature

2. kind eyes

3. Understanding
  • comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited June 2005
    1. Noble heart

2. intelligence

3. My Hair

4. My ability to work on things mechanical

5. My Kung Fu style

6. Most of all my children :bowdown: They are proof of my Karmha
  • edited June 2005
    1. My smile

2. My eyes

3. My open-mind

4. My sense of humor

5. My understanding

6. My generousity
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited June 2005
    Most people don't know how to take it, but I enjoy my morbid/sarcastic sense of humour.

I like you all so I spare you the worst to try and keep the site PG.

Oh, and I like my disregard for other peoples rules. My deepest apologies.....hehe sorry Federica.

(See...I'm trying to be funny. *silent tears of failure*)
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited June 2005
    I also look sexy in a flowing black dress and have nice hands. :)
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2005
    (No room for *failure* on this thread, Elohim ;) .... can I borrow the dress.....?)

I have a good sense of humour
    I am a good communicator
    I can cook
    I have green fingers
    I'm expressive, Romantic and Sentimental
    I Love.