Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Post Images Of Food You've Eaten

Comments

• personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    edited January 2012

Recently found out I have naturally high cholesterol, so never again. :(

plus

Photobucket

equals epic granola bar peanut butter sandwich!!!
  • @Jeffrey the pnut butter is his mistress.
  • I can imagine myself eating all of these.

In imagination there is no end to the amount one can eat but thats not the real thing sigh.
  • I am hitting the ice cream now...sigh

You guys always make me hungry.

Jeffrey I had the worst stomach ache after eating that 3 year old penut butter.
  • oh no! ixnay on the three year old eanut butterpay
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    edited January 2012
    I can imagine myself eating all of these.

In imagination there is no end to the amount one can eat but thats not the real thing sigh.
    To Eat Less, Imagine Eating More

"Before dipping your hand into that bowl of M&Ms at the holiday party, think about what you're about to do. A lot. A new study finds that people who imagine themselves consuming many pieces of candy eat less of the real thing when given the chance. The finding, say experts, could lead to the development of better weight-loss strategies.

Picturing a delicious food—like a juicy steak or an ice cream sundae—generally whets the appetite. But what about visualizing yourself eating the entire sundae, spoonful by spoonful? There's reason to think that might have the opposite effect, says Carey Morewedge, an experimental psychologist at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Researchers have found that repeated exposure to a particular food—as in taking bite after bite of it—decreases the desire to consume more. This process, which psychologists call habituation, dampens appetite independently of physiological signals like rising blood sugar levels or an expanding stomach. But no one had looked to see whether merely imagining eating has the same effect. "
  • I have been trying to eat more nuts per your advise. Jeffrey....for the brain...also slightly anemic...and low body fat
  • Not sure how to post a picture... let's try:
  • Arjquad, wtf...I ain't eating no Gator!
  • @Lady_Alison, I'm not too knowledgeable about nutrition. I think protein breaks down in the brain more often into norepinephrine. That is some of the stuff that coffee releases or 'spends'.. I am on some brain depressing drugs and I need all the epi that I can get. Mint chip is good, my brother likes that! Ice cream is a lot of sugar, but yeah its pretty much ice cream bliss :D
  • Arjquad, wtf...I ain't eating no Gator!
    Taste like chicken.
  • Gooo Gators get up and go!! [chomp chomp chomp]
  • Where are you from @Arjquad?

Please don't say Louisiana...
  • @Jeffrey..I am eating it for brain fuel, energy boost and to make sure I'm having sufficient calories as I don't havean eating disorder, but findit difficult to eat when I'm down. So your advice helped.

I bought more since then.
  • I've had gator jerky before.

Does taste like chicken.
  • Is it gammy?
  • Not that I remember. It was ten years ago.

Memories. They aren't real. But pizza is.
  • Where are you from @Arjquad?

Please don't say Louisiana...
    Ha close, I was born in New Orleans but I've lived all around the US. I'm Illinois right now though. I had the gator at a Cajun restaurant but I have had it many times before. I've ate alot of random creatures.
  • Is it gammy?
    You can tell that it's not chicken but very similar.

Don't ask.
  • He only likes vipassana ;)
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    edited February 2012
    How do you post ones pictures? It did not work for me:(

Don't ask.
    I have to ask! What the ....:)
    edited February 2012

Don't ask.
    Looks like a Haggis. What's in it is anyone's guess.
  • edited February 2012
    Ummm, I am worried for your children!:0
    LoL!
  • zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran

cow tongue... my grandmother refused to tell me what it was until i ate it... and actually... it was pretty good, as i recall.

cow tongue... my grandmother refused to tell me what it was until i ate it... and actually... it was pretty good, as i recall.
    I double that! It is quite good indeed!

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Don't ask.
    Looks like a Haggis. What's in it is anyone's guess.
    Haggis is a traditional savoury pudding eaten on the 25th of January, by the Scots, to celebrate Burns Night, in honour of the Scottish poet, Robert ('Rabbie') burns.
    It is traditionally eaten with 'tatties and 'neeps' or mashed potatoes and mashed swede - which the scots also refer to as orange turnips.....
    It is a sheep's stomach ,(which has been cleaned thoroughly and turned inside-out and soaked overnight, prior to stuffing), stuffed with lamb's minced heart, liver, lungs, and added to onions, oatmeal, barley, minced meat and herbs and spices.
    The stomach is then sealed, and boiled for around 3 hours.
    It is stabbed open with a Sgian Dubh (pronounced 'skein dhee) a traditional ceremonial knife worn with the traditional kilt....
    And served with a dram of whisky.

It is thoroughly delicious.
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
  • @federica It looks so gross and I would never mash a swede! :aol:
    You have actually eaten?
  • This thread has become disturbingly "fear factor -ish "
  • The haggis was not delicious, by the way.
  • The haggis was not delicious, by the way.
    Like liver flavored porridge
  • Disgusting @robot...glad to know. :)
  • GuiGui Veteran
    http://www.aircrabusa.com/images/products/detail/oysters.4.jpg

by the way, are bivalves considered sentient beings?
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2012
    The haggis was not delicious, by the way.
    Horses for courses.... I enjoyed it.... It depends also on how well it's originally made, and then prepared.
    I loved it, although I now no longer eat meat.....
    @Gui.... why would one say they are not?
    Just interested in your perspective....
  • GuiGui Veteran
    I didn't know if they had consciousness or if they were just some kind of bio water purification machine. Well, they reproduce and eat and shit, so..... Do they have brains? I don't suppose consciousness requires a brain. After all, the mind is not in the brain I don't think. Or do I? :p
  • I had tofu. It was in soup. Tasted like fish. There was no fish in the soup. :skeptic:
    I didn't know if they had consciousness or if they were just some kind of bio water purification machine. Well, they reproduce and eat and shit, so..... Do they have brains? I don't suppose consciousness requires a brain. After all, the mind is not in the brain I don't think. Or do I? :p
    They have a sensory capacity, which gives them instinct and apparently they feel pain and discomfort, or they would not create pearls.... Nacre (the pearl material) is created by the oyster to protect it against the irritation of a foreign object....

• I loved it, although I now no longer eat meat.....
    I thought you were going to say that you were force to eat it by gunpoint.