Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

what's for dinner

AMHAMH
edited February 2012 in General Banter
So tonight I am making one of myfavorite dinners.
Peirogies (I just get them frozen)
sausage
sauteed cabbage

Okay the cabbage is the best, thinly slice green cabbage and onion. Sautee in some oil until starting to become clear, then add dry white wine and cover until steamed through. Don't forget salt when you are sauteeing! Pretty icky without it.

If you drink any alcohol you can pour a glass of the wine with dinner (I just cook with it)

Comments

• Homemade broccoli soup! I made it a while ago but put it straight in the freezer so this is my first taste. I think I will make some changes to the recipe (can't help but tweak it lol) but it's really good! Go me :) homemade bun on the side, and some soco.
  • Pour me a glass, cooking diva...I don't care if it's the cooking wine as long as it oils the hinges.
  • @raven..what's soco?
  • @Lady_Alison sorry, feeling tired and extra-casual tonight lol soco is slang for Southern Comfort - my favourite!
  • Hell ya...bring it down to Texas...make sure it's fried, though. Lol @raven.

Sounds good, you need pie.
  • Fried? I'm lost lol can you fry liquour?
  • I had take out Italian from a fancy restaurant.
  • See, I told you Heerdt had the best food! Pierogies!! What do you do, thaw them out and bake them? Where did you get 'em frozen?

Homemade brocolli soup, that's the appetizer to the pierogies.
  • @dakini I found the recipe in a magazine. I followed it exactly and it's a bit salty for my taste, but definitely worth keeping and working on. I love anything broccoli!
  • Fried? I'm lost lol can you fry liquour?
    Oh, no I meant...make sure you bring whatever your cooking in a "fried "state.

Texas loves it crispy.
  • Brocoli gives me gas. :werr:
    Boo! Choke on a cannoli...I am so jealous!
  • I get them frozen near the frozen potato products (super target or grocery). I just boil them, healthier than fried.

I am thinking about what to make for dinner Friday when my mom is here, chicken marsala? My son wants pepperoni pizza meatloaf. I would do Indian but that is a huge cookind day, maybe just a couple dishes. Hmmm
  • Oh lol very nice. Broccoli gives me gas too, but Mr Raven's in his own nest today, so ...meh.
  • Mmmmm...chicken marsala....
  • Oh lol very nice. Broccoli gives me gas too, but Mr Raven's in his own nest today, so ...meh.
    Who is Mr. Raven...what do you mean by nest?

• I agree...chicken Marsala sounds good...with a white wine. One for the chicken, one for me.
  • @Lady_Alison I always refer to my boyfriend as Mr Raven, since I'm Raven. His "nest" would be his place, instead of mine.

Put some extra mushrooms on that chicken marsala!!
  • @raven...so you are implying that he won't smell your stinky farts and therefore Brocoli is what's for dinner.
  • Oh yeah, the best healthy breakfast I make is rolled oats cooked in apple juice with a few raisins and some cinnamon. It is yummy and filling and good for my cholesterol

Since we were talking about my god recipes
  • Lol...I love gas, let's you know your healthy!
  • @Lady_Alison you got it! I can make and enjoy my broccoli and fart to my colon's content.
  • Ty...I'm gonna try that applejuice recipe.
  • @aheerdt are you willing to share the breakfast roll recipe? Looking for something healthy and that travels well, for Mr Raven in the mornings.
  • @raven...hahaha...why didn't you just say it!

I like to fart in private and Brocoli gets me there!
  • @Lady_Alison I thought I was being stealth and ninja-like with my verbal maze...blame it on the SoCo lol
  • You could do muffins for breakfast, raven..

You could freeze them until the night before if you make too many.
  • That's true, muffins are good as well. Gotta be gluten-free though, 100%!
  • Yikes ...have you tried

Allrecipes.com

Idk...I don't have gluten free recipes.
  • Is this what you are asking for Raven?

1/2 cup oats (not the quick cooking, labeled old fashioned or rolled oats)
    1 cup apple juice
    handful of raisins
    pinch of cinnamon

It takes 2 minute in the microwave, a little longer on the stove.
  • @Aheerdt yes, thank you! I will try it. Mr Raven could take the dry stuff to work and add juice once there. Always good for a change.

@Lady_Alison I'm always on the lookout for recipes. There are great websites and I've got some books, too. Gluten-free can be trickier (more ingredients, sometimes hard to find) but the results can be great!
    Boo! Choke on a cannoli...I am so jealous!
    Actualy I had pasta and salad. Which was cold since it was sitting out for awhile since I was busy working.