Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Please Help!!

Lady_AlisonLady_Alison Veteran
edited February 2012 in NewBuddhist.com
Hubris → Lady_Alison

BTW, you seem to not have your private messages enabled, so everything here is public. FYI

I got this on my wall, what the hell does this mean?

How do I disable it, i don't want people reading my private messages!!!!!

Comments

• I don't think there's a way to disable private messages. If you go to someone's profile, on the right-hand side there is a "message" button which is for private messaging. If you just comment, then it goes on their wall and can be seen by anyone.
  • So If I post on the wall, it's public but if I message them it's private?

I don't care about the wall...I care about the inbox messages being private.
  • So If I post on the wall, it's public but if I message them it's private?
    Yes.
  • okay, I didn't understand what hubris said on my wall, I was about to go suicidal...lol..jk
  • I was going to draw my musashi sword and go on a rampage :ninja:
  • I spent all night reading your personal messages. Oh, the juicy information I got from them. Hehehe. Time to tell all the other members!

I kid, I kid. :D
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2012
    @Hubris;
    All private messages are automatically enabled. these are private from general viewing and accessible only by the recipient.
    the comments board, to the right of a person's profile, is for general viewing.
    It's important to both know and understand the distinction, and the use them accordingly....
  • @bekense...lol...I don't have many secrets...lord, can you change your pic...it's. Creepy
  • @Federica, it seems that she has no private message button to send her a private message, can that be disabled by the user? If so, perhaps she had and did not know it. I am aware there is a difference between the wall and PM's.
  • I get private messages all the time...that's wha start a conversation is, correct?
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2012
    @Hubris, enter profile, look top right. the message button is there....

i just sent her a message.....

@Lady_Alison, yes.
  • thank you federica....no need to panic, the exit signs are lit...please follow in an orderly manner, do not crush or run over...their are plenty of safety jackets for everyone. . .
  • I was going to draw my musashi sword and go on a rampage :ninja:
    Oh, don't do that.

...You'd only increase your readership.

Conrad.
    Completely unrelated question - other than to allude to the title of the thread, (Please help!)

I have kaspersky on my computer.
    it's expired.
    I have a new programme coming in the post, to download as a complete computer protector,.
    normally, you need to uninstall any other programs first.

here's my problem:
    Kaspersky - or microsoft - or 'something' - will not permit me to uninstall kaspersky.
    I don't know if the program is self-protecting or what's going on...
    All I know, is that it won't uninstall.
    I get so far - and them it states it's not responding.
  • IñigoIñigo Explorer
    edited March 2012
    Hi Federica
    It could be "locked" i.e. still in use behind the scenes. Do you have kapersky running in the icon tray by the clock, if so you could try clicking (or right clicking) on it and choose to exit the program. Try also closing the browsers and other programms as it might be locked by them if it is protecting your internet browsing, email or Office docs.

If not or alternatively you could try rebooting the computer and then uninstalling when it just has restarted as it might be just temporarily locked and a reboot with stop that.
    well that was simple...you're right - i did have the icon down on the bar at the bottom.
    that's now gone....Soi'll try with the uninstall again.....

Back in a jiffy.... ;)
    ...Ok, and that worked!
    many thanks! (whatta doofus!)
  • IñigoIñigo Explorer
    Great! :-)