Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Editing

ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
edited February 2012 in NewBuddhist.com
Lincoln, Brian whoever is listening, I want to ask about editing real quick. After you have made a thread or post and you wish to edit it, you cannot add emoticons after the first initial post. Can this be changed somehow? Thanks, Tom

Comments

• One way to get around that limitation is if you type out the emoticon signal. like:
    cool rolleyes eek eek2 and so forth, but you put a colon before and after

:cool: etc.
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    Yeah it's broken in the first post, I know. Working on it. Too many things to fix :)
  • yeah thet thime limmited editing suks for us atroshuss spellerers.
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    I've increased the timeout to 15 minutes (it was 5 minutes).
  • Thank you Lincoln!!
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    @Lincoln....

Hmmm.
    I'm not sure that's a bit too much... i'm thinking of the complications if someone then quotes the original post....
    Make it 8 minutes and i'd be happy....?
  • @Lincoln....

Hmmm.
    I'm not sure that's a bit too much... i'm thinking of the complications if someone then quotes the original post....
    Make it 8 minutes and i'd be happy....?
    If you ok with sentances structarally not ok but sometimess.. thne ok!

• DakiniDakini Veteran
    I just noticed the extended edit time. Thank you, Lincoln. I can see how too much edit time could be a problem, on a thread with a very fast-moving discussion, but until that issue arises, let's enjoy our leisurely edit allowance. :)
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    If you ok with sentances structarally not ok but sometimess.. thne ok!
    Job give day don't your up...... ;)

:lol: