Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Thank you all for being Buddhist (or being interested in it)

SabreSabre Veteran
edited June 2012 in Sanghas
Hi dear friends,

It just came to mind how wise, funny and compassionate people on this board -and Buddhists in general (or those who feel affiliated) - are. So I want to say thank you; thank you for being who you are, to everybody who tries to walk the 8-fold path. Maybe sometimes I disagree with some here till a point it almost becomes frustrating ;) , but still you are all very inspiring to me.

May you all become free from suffering. :)
I felt like sharing this. Feel free to add your thoughts or wishes to others here if you feel like it. :thumbsup:

With metta,
Sabre
Earthninjamockeymindzenlite_emily

Comments

• To you as well. Many hopes that you and all whom you are speaking to destroy the veil of illusion that causes their suffering and that they all live life in peace and tranquility. May you be blessed with kind words and constant drive to help others in need. Perhaps someday soon within this lifetime you shall receive those wonderful things called enlightenment and Nirvana.
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    :)
  • Whatever :angry:

(joke)
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Thank you @Sabre. someone else advised me that they thought, of the different websites they had seen and been on, this was actually more advanced than being 'newbuddhist' because at least people gave mature, personal, balanced answers, rather than hiding behind solid dogma.
    I don't think I personally get it right all the time, in whatever sphere you may wish to put that in (well, I know I don't!).
    but I think we're an all right bunch of people.
  • TheswingisyellowTheswingisyellow Trying to be open to existence Samsara Veteran
    It's easy being a Buddhist because you guys and the Dharma rock!!! :rockon: :rocker: :bowdown: :om:
    Earthninjazenlite_emily
  • Agree with Sabre. A very inspiring website with interesting topics. I must add though, that the website is called: newbuddhist. So it may attract people like me that are new to Buddhism or the concepts and representations but some of these concepts are hard to grasp. I sometimes have to read the posts a few times because it's not everyday language and when your new to something it can become hard to follow. Just a suggestion: how about a glossary of buddhist terms. (maybe I have zapped it) Or, a section for children?
    Cheers
    Isa
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2012
    I am constantly having to move topics from "Buddhism for Beginners" because they are actually already, or they very soon become, a little too complex for the newbuddhist.

Two things:
    Please people, be mindful of where you put your threads, guys. If unsure, ask us to move them...

Secondly, @isa, if there's anything - anything at all - that isn't 100% clear, please never be afraid to ask, or interject and say "hang on guys...."

I always say I'm a simple soul and I just look at the basics, because although the basics are very simple, they are far from easy, so it's hard work even sticking to - and by - them.
    Others like deeper ventures....

But never be afraid to ask for clarification.
    We will happily try to provide it for you, no matter what it takes. ;)
    lobster
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    Yeah, I think this is a great place.

I am quite grateful for you all.
  • Thanks Federica:)
  • You are welcome friend.

metta!
  • Thank you as well Sabre. I find your message thoughtful and inspiring.
  • ArthurbodhiArthurbodhi Mars Veteran
    I join to this, thanks friends, all of you are me sangha :)
  • @Sabre thank you friend. Same to you. The people here have taught me so much.
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    Great to be a part of it. Sometimes I feel like I share my masterful moments of discovery and sometimes just want to talk and be part of it.
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    I agree with you all.

I love trying to breach the borders of sectarian differences and this is like the Sangha was never truely divided.

Much love to you all.
  • You're all so lovely and wonderful. Thank you all so much :)

You know, I often wonder If I'm a Buddhist or not. I believe in what Buddha taught and one day I'd like to live my life by the eightfold path. Right now it's pretty difficult so I'm rolling along more of a fourfold path buy I guess that's already half way there.

So much respect for you guys.
    rohit
    Let's take an aerial shot of, say, 600 people, all in a line side by side, spread across a huge field.
    They're just told to stand in a line.
    is the line straight?
    Hell no, it weaves back and forth.

That's what we all are. People in a straight line, all facing the same way, some further forward, some a little bit further backward, but all walking, side by side.
    we are no better than the person behind us, nor worse than the person in front.

We're all in this together. :)

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    I like that image, @federica. :)

I'm quite new here (as in the past few days) but I quite enjoy it and look forward to checking in each day. It is nice to have others to talk to as our local Sangha is very small and many of the people are frequently unavailable, and our teacher is unreachable right now. We only started up this past spring and we are still trying to get well organized. I finally feel like I have a place to come to ask questions and clarify what I think I understand, and it helps immensely. The global Sangha really is an amazing thing :)<3
  • DaozenDaozen Veteran
    Metta to all
  • Let's take an aerial shot of, say, 600 people, all in a line side by side, spread across a huge field.
    They're just told to stand in a line.
    is the line straight?
    Hell no, it weaves back and forth.

That's what we all are. People in a straight line, all facing the same way, some further forward, some a little bit further backward, but all walking, side by side.
    we are no better than the person behind us, nor worse than the person in front.

We're all in this together. :)

Eloquently illustrated. Thank you.
  • EugeneEugene Explorer

I've also found this group very welcoming, and GREAT, mature responses... very little sarcasm (so prevalent in other discussion boards I've been on), except for the totally innocuous and funny kind. Thanks, guys. I'm not a Buddhist and not sure if I'm Christian anymore even, but this site is helpful.

edited June 2014

@Eugene... usually, any thread older than 6 months, it's not worth contributing to, because it's out of date and many of the members therein have moved on or don't post as much....

These threads are around 2 YEARS old.... Honest, fellah... go for a new thread, that would be fine!

• EugeneEugene Explorer

Well, that wasn't very mindful of me, was it? :-)

I wouldn't worry about it. You're not the first - I strongly suspect you won't be the last!! :lol: .

• lobsterlobster Veteran

@isa said:
    Or, a section for children?

Buddha crèche . . .
    We haz plan!

Dependent origination learned with strings attached . . .

JeffreybookwormEarthninja
  • Oh, stahp it, you. You're making me blush!

• Ah yes! Dependent origination, interdependence, independence... funny looking happy faces. 's nice.

• Just wanted to add that this forum you can see transparency of opinions. Not to mention strong sense of humour.

Earthninja

Ok, a new "I am so grateful" thread is called for..... :)

Earthninja
This discussion has been closed.