Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

My Introduction to NewBuddhist.com

edited August 2012 in NewBuddhist.com
Hello guys, I'm Nathaniel and I recently joined NewBuddhist.com and thought I should introduce myself to everyone. I guess I should start off by explaining that I'm agnostic and not a Buddhist. Wondering why I joined this website if I'm not even a Buddhist? Well, I simply love Buddhism! In fact, I'm even thinking about getting a tattoo of The Buddha meditating on my shoulder. Anyways, I mainly joined this website to get answers and opinions from other Buddhists rather than getting false information from a website like Wikipedia, Wiki Answers, etc... I hope that I will get to meet most of you guys and that you will all be able to help me when help is needed.

Peace!

Comments

• CloudCloud Veteran
    Welcome @Nathaniel839!
    I highly recommend http://www.BuddhaNet.net for information on Buddhism.
  • Thanks for the warm welcoming!
  • CloudCloud Veteran
    edited August 2012
    Quite welcome. We actually have a new member thread, but that's okay. :D Here are a couple of more specific links on BuddhaNet:

#1: Basic Buddhism Guide
    #2: Online Study Guide

Also http://www.AccessToInsight.org is a great site for English translations of the Pali Canon, and has its own Self-Guided Tour of the Buddha's teachings. Most significantly the entire website can be downloaded for offline viewing/research.
  • Haha, my mistake, I didn't realize that there was a new member thread. And thanks for helping me out and giving me these websites, I'll have to check them out later. :nyah:
  • CloudCloud Veteran
    edited August 2012
    No problemo. I kinda wish we had some introductory information on Buddhist teachings here, but of course we'd have to either make it really really basic or have sections for the different schools/branches. BuddhaNet has all of that, so it's easier to just point people there to get their feet wet.

If you have any questions about the forum, feel free to ask.
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran
    Howdy Nathaniel.....a great bunch of people on this site!