Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Dudeism: The Path to Lebowski Enlightenment or Church of the Latter Day Dude

personperson Don't believe everything you thinkThe liminal space Veteran
edited August 2012 in Faith & Religion

Comments

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    My favorite part of the site: :)

Q: Is Dudeism a real religion?

A: Although Dudeism makes use of a lot of humor and satire, we are totally serious in our belief that it is “the religion for its time and place.” Or, we’re as serious as anyone can be about a “belief.” One of the core tenets of Dudeism is that everything is “just, like, your opinion, man” and so everything has to be up for debate. Unlike other religions, we’re open to suggestions. In this way, Dudeism could be considered an “open source religion.” We invite other people to tell us what they think is “dude” or “undude.”
  • The Dude abides.
    DharmaMcBum
  • ZaylZayl Veteran
    I can dig it.
    DharmaMcBum
  • CloudCloud Veteran
    "It's basically modern Taoism. It's this idea that there is a harmonious way to live your life, there is a good way to live, a life-affirming way to live."

Works for me dude.
    DharmaMcBum
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    VastmindDharmaMcBum