Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

New? Introduce Yourself to NB Members!

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited July 2012
    @OneLifeForm, you lucky guy - your very own Jiminy Cricket!!

Welcome all newbies, enjoy your stay with us!
  • Hello, I'm William. I'm from a town called Ruislip in Northwest London. I'm in Year 11 at school and I'm currently sitting right in front of a beautiful sunrise. A sign?
    herbertoTosh
  • @OneLifeForm, you lucky guy - your very own Jiminy Cricket!!

Welcome all newbies, enjoy your stay with us!
    :)
  • Hi, my name is Mirco, I am 35 years old. I am from Germany, living in Berlin. I do only preparatory Buddhist practice, that is the five Precepts and Dana, almost no meditation. I have a lot of character defects and shortcomings since I am human.

I wish many noble and happy conversations for all of us :-)
    herbertoTosh
  • Hi, my name is Mirco, I am 35 years old. I am from Germany, living in Berlin. I do only preparatory Buddhist practice, that is the five Precepts and Dana, almost no meditation. I have a lot of character defects and shortcomings since I am human.

I wish many noble and happy conversations for all of us :-)
    Welcome here, I am new as well to the site.

I like what you wrote about having a lot of character defects and shortcomings.. don't we all :)

We don't start to practice Buddhism because it seems like a hobby that would be entertaining.. it is mainly because we are wrapped up in our own self cherishing and realize that it is bringing us nothing but suffering.

It's a beautful thing!
  • Steve108Steve108 Explorer
    Namaste,

My name is Steve, I am new to this site and have great expectations in the possibilities that this site offers. I am newish to Buddhism and favour the Soto Zen tradition as taught by Master Dogen. Due to work commitments and travel distance I am unable to physically attend a Sangha and as a solitary practitioner rely mostly on books and internet sources. I am looking forward to learning and sharing the Holy Dharma.

With metta _/|\_
    herberto
  • Hi all,
    My name is Rita and I'm from Boston, USA. I am a software engineer and recently started (about 3 months) reading self-study on Buddhism and I have to admit it's transforming my life. It is challenging at some point doing meditation and performing loving-kindness to self. But I feel joyful to see glimpses of peace and that's what is making me not give-up on this philosophy.

I'm really a newbie in this forum as well as Buddhism, so counting on the support of this forum..:)

May you all be peaceful-
    Ritu
    herberto
  • Just want to say Hi and welcome to everyone. I caught up on about fifty or so introductions and I'm humbled and amazed at the sangha community here. Every corner of the world and all walks of life. This is truly the age of communication. I remember has a child well before the internet, joining a club where I as assigned a penpal with someone in Australia, where we traded actual, physical letters about once a month or so. Now look at us.
    oceancaldera207
  • Hi. I'm new here. I've lurked around for a few days and read a lot of amazing stuff here! Pleased to be posting now. :)
    herberto
  • Nek777Nek777 Explorer
    Hi All,

I have been reading through the discussions on NewBuddhist for a while now and really like the debate. It has been really helpful - I started finding my self coming here to look for discussions about questions that pop up from time to time, I figured it was time stop lurking and join in.

I am a lawyer in Washington, DC - but, I am not that kind of lawyer :) I have been interested in Buddhism for years, starting getting a little serious about my practice in college, but time demands from law school and career elbowed their way in. I started realizing how unbalanced of a life I was leading and like an echo, Buddhism came back.

I really look forward to participating in the community and growing in my practice.

Thanks,

Ken
    herberto
  • LostSoulLostSoul Veteran
    edited July 2012
    Hi guys, I'm new(ish). I joined a while back, but can't seem to stick to a strict daily guideline for mindfulness. Since yesterday I've started again in a (not so strict) guideline. I think it helps, that in my area of work I'm organizing things a lot better and have more room for things outside of just work. I've been just taking it slow with life, and trying not to focus so much on "how much hours" I work each day (I'm self employed mostly).

This forum really helps, and thank you everybody for being a part and tolerating me :)

EDIT: Oh, and I almost forgot - hi and welcome other newbies like myself!
  • Hi everyone. My name is Loren, but as a French major I've grown quite partial to the French version of my name, Lorraine (it's more of a soft "eh" sound instead of the hard A sound it looks like it is). I'm twenty, and a student.

I first got Interested in Buddhism about a year ago--well, actually, that's not entirely true. When I was small, six years old and younger, I attended a Unitarian Universalist church with my family. At one point, we studied Buddhism in Sunday school. I loved it. I quickly learned how to sit in the lotus potion for meditation, and afterwards I made my father take me to meditation meetings at the church.

I'm still at the very beginning of my journey now, but it's exciting. Once I'm home in about two weeks I'm going to seriously buckle down to try to find a sangha that fits, although I still am not sure which denomination is best for me.

Anyway, in closing I will say hello, and I'm very happy to be here!
  • My name's Eric. Currently, I'm using vipassana as a means of meditation.

I tend to be a very cold and distant person. Unfortunately, I learned how to despise everything before I learned how to love myself.

I hope to change this through meditation. My dream is to be enlightened, and to free myself from the ego that has always tortured me. I hope to, one day, no longer suffer and truly love everyone.

I look forward to learning with all of you.
  • Hello to all:
    My name is Dennie, 58 years young, and I am presently working in Baghdad, Iraq. I just returned from Bangkok, Thailand where I was fortunate enough to partake in classes on meditation and Buddhism at several of the local Wat's. Beautiful people and it has strengthened my belief that Buddhism is the path for me.
    The strength that it has given me when dealing with a variety of people with personalities that breech the spectrum is fantastic. I am much calmer and able to accept things that before would have had me climbing the walls.
    Well, that's me in a nutshell. Hope to interact with more of you in the future.
    Peace and Love....Dennie
    herberto
  • Hi everyone! I've been lurking here a while and decided to finally join and introduce myself :) I'm Melissa and I'm 27. I've been learning about Buddhism for about 7 months now :)
  • Heyy! I'm 20 from Wisconsin an have always been drawn to the ways of Buddhism
    its such an inspiring way of life an I wish to lead everyday in its teachings & ways.
    I'm up for any advice being as I'm very NEW to this! a little about me,
    I love videogames,movies,every type of music,reading<3 comics.I also love animals an nature an the colors purple and green!! I have 3 pets which I love dearly and am looking to start college soon,I wish to travel the world someday sooo wish me luck! I'm pretty much a big kid and always have been,don't think thats going to change like EVER! =P that doesn't mean that someone with a childs heart cannot be wise,ya feel me? =]
  • Hello everyone! I'm 33, reside in Tampa FL and am new to Buddhism but have always been drawn to it. I have three rescue dogs that are my children. I love all animals, snorkeling and playing in the ocean, arts & crafting, gardening, many genres of music, movies, cooking, volunteering, oh so much stuff! I became disabled at age 27 after an accident I sustained while doing volunteer work. I now live with constant pain and no use of my left arm and hand. I try not to let it monopolize my life but it is difficult. My hopes are that through Buddhism and meditation I will find my peace and happiness again. I am open to any suggestions.
    Peace ~Beth
  • I'm an oldie, but my name is Albert. I live in Michigan and I am 24. Currently just graduated college and have been working as a middle school art teacher. I've been dating the dharma on and off for about 3-5 years. I just recently converted to Dzogchen and that is where my emphasis and practice is headed.

I am very opinionated because whatever I say is in relationship to my practice. I love opposition and people who challenge everything I assert. This is after-all how we grow.

Buddhism has been an overall positive influence in my life. It has allowed myself to enjoy life and throughly be just human. To feel the pain and joy. To completely and unreservedly live my life.

I hope more beings are attracted to the great yanas of Buddhism and may you all find peace and release from the constructions of mind.

Much love.
  • Hey everyone! I live in Atlanta, Georgia. I recently had a falling out with Christianity and am beginning to explore other religions. I find Buddhism to be very intriguing and I am hoping to learn more about it. Also, my boyfriend suggested that I make some online friends so I figured this would be a good place to start.
    herberto
  • CloudCloud Veteran
    @RainingCats, I always suggest http://www.BuddhaNet.net for people just starting out. Especially its Basic Buddhism Guide and Online Study Guide.
    And welcome aboard!
  • PatrPatr Veteran
    Hello to all,
    Finally getting round to this...

Im from Malaysia, 46 now, an engineer. Born a sceptical, science oriented, atheist. Too much westernisation early on.

I find the discussions here entertaining, well read and intellectually adapt. Albeit too much stuff is taken literally from written material.

I consider myself as Chinese Mahayana, self practice (Zen?). I read the Nikayas, or Agamas, part Theravadian there and use short mantras, my take on Vajrayana.
    No special transmission here.

I question the authenticity of many of the Mahayana sutras, especially those that denigrate the Arhats. Seems to be going against the Buddhas teachings. Just my view.

We in Asia have a longer tradition of Buddhism and hope to share the different viewpoints in this forum. Some issues are readily apparent but not found in any books.

Ciao
    herberto
  • Hi everyone, I live in Ottawa, Canada. I'm 40 years old, and work in Human Resources for a not-for-profit home healthcare organization.

I have been interested in Buddhism since my early 20s. I have read everything I can get my hands on, been in the presence of His Holiness the Dalai Lama twice, and taken meditation classes; however, I would not say that I'm knowledgeable, nor would I consider myself a practicing Buddhist. The basic teachings and philosophy of Buddhism resonates with me, but I'm not into dogma or participating in organized religion.

I joined this group to learn more about Buddhism and to seek advice on life's issues from like minded people.

It was actually during a search on how to deal with sorrow that I found this group. The responses to someone's question on how to manage sorrow were insightful and made sense to me. I believe that when we need something, it finds us. And here you all are.

I'm happy to be a part of this global forum.

Namaste
    jessie70
  • Hi,
    For as long as I can remember I have been drawn to statues of Buddha- having bought one I have kept prominently on my mantel for years before even knowing the ideas behind it! I had always been drawn to images of Buddhism without knowing why. I have a somewhat Jewish background, but it didn't click with me. I have read about Buddhism for years, and was always intrigued, but only started practicing a few months ago. Several things came together to bring this about.

I have always suffered from anxiety, and have had difficulty going to sleep, many nightmares, and panic attacks. I have some unhealthy behaviors around food. My three children have brought me in touch with so many feelings- intensified fears- as well as wanting to get a firmer grip on my emotion and reactions. I long for patience and wisdom, and judge myself when I fall short of my expectations.

My husband and children have brought me to feel more compassion, and love. The kids are grow up so fast, I sometimes feel like I am often in "go-mode" and not "be-mode". This summer I had the opportunity to slow down and spend more time with them- just being in the moment. It was like I was hit by a lightening bolt- I want to be there & not let it all slip by me. What if my husband were taken away from me, and I missed all this precious time with him, too? My heart ached and was once again also filled with the fear I couldn't name. Once upon a time, this would be Xanax time. Instead, I started sitting more regularly and longer. One night, while meditating, I had a moment of tranquility and pure appreciation, and started to feel lighter and freer. My mind became still and very calm, and all I could sense was my own breathing, and the warmth and light inside of me. It was very brief, but in that moment I dropped all doubts. My practice changed and I left one set of thoughts behind me. I no longer wonder when I'm sitting if I should be doing something else or if I am wasting my time. Now my challenge is not to "chase" after that moment, but to sit in stillness and welcome whatever comes.

I now bring my petty grievances to my cushion and try to bring them less and less to those around me. I had no idea answers lived in me this way, and that I don't need to re-hash everything with everyone. I want to use the newly acquired space to listen to others more. I am trying watching my speech. I am learning to witness thoughts as they march through my mind- and leave. Every day I grow one day older, but I endeavor to grow at least two days more loving.

And that is where I am today. Living the same life as a few months ago, but my outlook has been dramatically different. My worrying and anxiety much alleviated, I no longer need any thing to "calm me down", other than the bravery to sit with whatever beast scares me today, look it in the eye, and let it go outside to romp and play.

I joined this forum last night because I don't have many people to talk to about what I am learning, or to help me make sense of the practicing the Precepts on a day-to-day basis. I am part of a Sangha, but can only go every week or two, and I am new there. I also only get so much time to ask questions, and here one can post away- and get such a wonderful variety of answers! I love reading the threads and realizing how many different people are finding the way, and it make feel a part of something so wonderfully large, diverse and beneficial. I am grateful that there is a "safe place" where I am nearly anonymous, and that I can ask questions I am not even sure I am ready to ask.

I have made the mistake of being overt excited about what I am learning and sharing it too soon with friends who don't share this interest. I think to those not involved in this, one can end up sounding pompous, or self-righteous, or whatever (not that there is any guarantee I won't sound this way here, either ;-). My hope is that this is a place to let the excitement out, work through practical applications, and share growth with others.

I am SO glad to have found this site!
    Heather
  • I am very excited to have found this site. I am very new to Buddhism in general, i have not joined a sangha or taken vows. I am trying to learn more about this amazing religion/philosophy, and this seems like a great place to start. I have been trying to implement the eight fold path into my daily life, and I am finding that it is more difficult than it sounds.
    Does anyone have any advice to help me stick with it in this crazy western culture?
  • Hello all :)
    herberto
  • Kia Ora Tātou (Hello Everyone)
    I am Graham and I live in Auckland, New Zealand.
    I joined the group to ask a question
    http://newbuddhist.com/discussion/16396/experiencing-in-my-body-another-persons-state-of-being

Currently enjoying reading 'The Monk and the Philosopher' and 'Happiness: A Guide to Developing Life's Most Important Skill'

I was a member of the FWBO for a while in the mid 90's but wasn't ready / comfortable. Coming back to Buddhism now that my children (13 and 11) are a bit older and I have a bit more time.

I believe strongly in care and compassion but up until now have had a tendency to 'overdo' and 'go unconscious'. Looking for that balance point between 'self care' and 'caring for others'.

Much Love
    Orotau (Graham)
  • Hello all! I'm Amanda, and a 'new' Texan.

I'm 23, married for 6 years this November, live with three cats and two dogs (which I'm obsessed with...), photographer, wannabe writer, occasional artist, student of biology/education/pre-medical studies, just another human living a life here.

I'm pretty new to Buddhism, but it just rings true within me. I've been interested as long as I can remember, and last year I took a course in it; now it's time to really incorporate it.
    herberto
  • Hello, Am I the only Asian here? I was googling for some Buddhist topic and the link lead me to this site, thus I registered and read along.

I'm from Indonesia, 28 this year and I started to learn "real" Buddhist around 5 years ago. For Chinese Indonesian, Buddhist is a very common religion, but most of us never know what Buddhism really is. It's just an identity, tradition, but no one know the core. Through my searching since I was teen, I have been in other religion and tried a few sects, before I got back to my first religion and dig more insight from it.

In daily life, I'm a marketer in a Korean electronic company. Every year I will take minimum 2 times leave. Once for meditation retreat and another for vacation. This is what I call life balance.

In my profile photo is my favorite meditation center, located in a small village on a mountain deep in Java island. I need to take 3 hours flight and 5 hours drive to get there from where I leave. I enjoy midnight meditating at the open air dhammasala at the top of this center. Meditate under thousand stars, surround by the nature sound, which is difficult to be found in big city.

And finally, I enjoy joining this site. Hope to learn and share with kalyanamitta around the world.
    herberto
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Welcome to you both.
    We have members from all four corners of the globe.
    Which just goes to show what little I know about shapes.... :D
    We're multinational, so you'll find both home comforts and foreign input.

Hope you stick around - all contributions are valuable. :)
    coz
  • cozcoz Explorer
    hello just wanted to say how happy i am to have found, and to be able to be a part of this wonderful site
    greetings and namaste to all
    thank you
    Coz
    herberto
  • Welcome. Thank you.
    coz
  • Hello, I am not new, but never introduced myself. I first took Refuge in the 60's.
    I was a student of Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche and leaned Vipassana from Dhirvamsara.
    I would not now identify with any one particular Buddhist school.
    I am a psychiatrist who is also a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist. I try whenever possible to prescribe medication minimally..but meds can be useful and sometimes essential.
    I love to cook.
    I live in Surrey UK with my Vajrayana practitioner wife who also works for the UK National Health Service.
    I have adult children from a previous marriage and two granddaughters.
    I like The News Room, Green Wing, Rufus Wainwright, Martha Wainwright, Blur, Schubert and Anthony Bourdain..

Peace, Shanti, Shalom, Salaam...
    SarahT
    You forgot "wotcha".... :D
    Welcome to all 'noobs' and 'not-so-noobs'.... Nice to have you with us.... ;)
  • Wotcha...
    SarahT
    :lol:

better!!
  • edited September 2012
    Hello my name is Daniel , I'M 29 years old from Vienna Austria.

I've always been into spirituality, first it was Christianity (I'm actually christian-orthodox), then I was inspired by a certain person and looked into Eastern religions. Two years ago I started with Advaita Vedanta, but I think I now realized that Buddhism goes even one step further than Advaita's Ultimate Reality Brahman.

I have sooo many questions, so please bear with me ;)

Regards

oh, and the death of a relative who I miss terribly still today (happened 12 years ago) is also a reason why I'm here now, I wanted to know why and ,sorry but in my case Christianity didn't provide me with answers
    edited September 2012
    Hello @mile83;

Please feel free to start a pertinent thread in the 'Members-Only' forum.
    it is a forum which is blocked from internet searches and provides privacy and discretion.
    You are very welcome here. :)
  • I suppose I am pretty new. I've always been interested in philosophy, and last summer I discovered Buddhism. The words of Thich Nhat Hanh resonated in me. I don't really identify with any "sect" so much, I just love the framework.

I read Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance last year and it changed my life as well. Helped me bridge the "gap" between my rational side and nonrational side; classical and romantic. Fantastic book. Great read for those who love both Western and Eastern philosophy.

Now I'm just a graduate student pursuing a degree in clinical psychology. Some of the most efficacious forms of psychotherapy are really based on Buddhism (CBT is heavily rooted in Buddhism - and mindfulness is gaining prominence as an empirically supported method), so my deeper pursuit into Buddhism is not only for my interest but has a professional component as well.

Pleased to be here. Expect many questions from me as has been my main participation on this site :]
  • vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    ^ Are the forms of psychotherapy based on Buddhism, or do they parallel Buddhism?
  • I wouldn't say any are 100% based on Buddhism, but many look to Buddhism (among other schools of thought) when forming their therapeutic approach.

CBT is the most efficacious form of psychotherapy today. One of the originals who worked to make CBT what it is today, Albert Ellis, often referred to Buddhism when discussing the rationale for CBT. While CBT is not a mirror image of Buddhism, it is very much influenced by it. It's all about maladaptive thoughts, behaviors, and emotions, and how each one influences the other (bad thoughts influence bad emotions/actions - bad emotions influence bad thoughts/actions, etc.) - identifying these maladaptive thoughts/emotions/behaviors, and working to adjust them.

Similarly, mindfulness is becoming a legitimate technique in psychotherapy, but it is not an entire theoretical orientation. While this is considered to be taken almost directly from Buddhism, Buddhism is typically not referenced in the therapeutic session as to not lead clients to believe they must adopt a certain philosophy/religion. But there has been empirical evidence recently to support the efficacy of mindfulness training in depression/anxiety.
    RebeccaS
  • vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    edited September 2012
    Okay, maybe. Although saying much psychotherapy as being "based on Buddhism" I think may be overstating it. And I guess I would question Ellis' summary of Buddhist teaching: “As the Buddha said 2,500 years ago, they’re out of their fucking minds!” I don't exactly remember that from any Buddhist scriptures I ever read.

Nevertheless, welcome to the forum! You'll enjoy it here!
  • Well I didn't say much of therapy in a general sense, but rather I said some of the most efficacious forms of therapy. Psychodynamic theory certainly is not rooted in Buddhism. Nor is humanism in its entirety (though they really brought empathy to the table in a strong way, which is definitely very Buddhist in nature!) But these are not very efficacious.

CBT, however, is one of the more efficacious form of therapy, and that is what I was referring to when I said my original statement.

Albert Ellis was an interesting and blunt fellow. His particular branch of therapy, rational emotive behavior therapy, was a not-so-subtle brand where he would tell people point-blank how irrational they are and how they should fix their thought patterns so they are more rational in nature. His delivery was not particularly Buddhist, but his understanding regarding the source of pain and suffering was highly influenced by Buddhism. Some people would consider his work to be hardcore stoicism.

Modern CBT, influenced more by Beck, is far more Buddhist in nature when look at the source of suffering and its attempts at alleviating it.

Many thanks for the warm welcome :] I've been a member since July 2011, but I don't think I've made more than twenty posts. So I think I'll try to be a bit more active so I can learn more.
    edited September 2012
    MODERATOR COMMENT:
    Just a friendly note... the thread is a new members thread... if we can keep chit-chat to a minimum - especially when the topic is certainly interesting enough to warrant its own thread - please do start one.... but confine comments here to just intro's and welcomes!

Many thanks guys! :thumbsup:

(Edit note: if you'd like, I can now break these posts into a new thread on the topic, if you'd like me to. Just let me know.... ;) )
  • Hello, Am I the only Asian here? I was googling for some Buddhist topic and the link lead me to this site, thus I registered and read along.

I'm from Indonesia, 28 this year and I started to learn "real" Buddhist around 5 years ago. For Chinese Indonesian, Buddhist is a very common religion, but most of us never know what Buddhism really is. It's just an identity, tradition, but no one know the core. Through my searching since I was teen, I have been in other religion and tried a few sects, before I got back to my first religion and dig more insight from it.

In daily life, I'm a marketer in a Korean electronic company. Every year I will take minimum 2 times leave. Once for meditation retreat and another for vacation. This is what I call life balance.

In my profile photo is my favorite meditation center, located in a small village on a mountain deep in Java island. I need to take 3 hours flight and 5 hours drive to get there from where I leave. I enjoy midnight meditating at the open air dhammasala at the top of this center. Meditate under thousand stars, surround by the nature sound, which is difficult to be found in big city.

And finally, I enjoy joining this site. Hope to learn and share with kalyanamitta around the world.

Hi, @kristin_chan ! so glad to know you are Indonesia as well. I am from Indonesia. too! 21 years, female. nice to meet you :)
  • Sup Guys, Well, Im Alex&Im 20years old. Im pretty outgoing&silly.I speak whats on my mind(but only when needed not obnoxiously) Ive been through some tough&weird stuff in the past 5years&with that got really lost.I finally starting reflecting alot&trying to do better for myself..just finding out what Im interested in. I can across Buddhism&thought it fits well with my own morals&thinking so I'm trying it out. eventually I strive to become a psycho therapist for the truly lost,like crazy murderer prisoners..yup..
  • Hello All! I'm Peter from UK 47 year old (not that i give a flying fig for age anyhow) it's a bit of a long story, but early last year, i was walking my dog along the canal Towpath, when I met up with some folks living in Narrowboat, well, we were soon chatting away like old friends about this that and the universe, when one of them asked if i was a Buddhist? well i didn't really know how to answer that, I have always been a spiritual man, (I was born into a Christian family, but never really identified with it at all, even at school the way religious studies were heaped upon us, it just seemed to come across as forced inclusion to a club) on asking why, one of them said that my philosophies about life truth and such like, where very Similar, i was invited in to the boat where they showed me their Shrine and we talked for hours about it, and i was also introduced to meditation, they also invited me to accompany them later that week to a Buddhist retreat, i later found was only a few miles away from my home, it was brilliant, it felt like i was part of a consciousness, an energy, it was hard to describe, but it was also the most calming feeling i have ever known, they do say that every journey begins with the first step, that first step crept up on me, I am now very firmly on the Path, and so here i am looking for wisdom and truth to aid me on my own path
  • Helloooooo new people! Welcome!
  • Hi everyone, my name is Linda from Brisbane in Australia. I'm married with a 13 year old daughter and work in education support with preparatory age kids. I'm deeply committed to practice; study, read and attend courses at a local Buddhist center. I relate strongly to the need to recognise and identify the roots of suffering and practice the dharma to benefit myself and others... and to recognise that behind that suffering, life is grand and I am very fortunate :) I joined this site as another way of gaining insight into teachings and practice.

No party tricks to speak of. I love collecting vintage stuff and repurposing it in different ways to give to my family and friends. Today I'm enjoying the warm spring weather and beautiful blue, cloudless sky.
  • EnigmaEnigma Explorer
    New to this forum but not so new to this practice.

Student and Buddhism enthusiast here, reading any and all sutras and suttas within reach while meditating daily and keeping the five precepts. Trying to find a way to integrate prajna, samadhi, and sila into every aspect of life. Pursuing a career in fMRI research and enjoying each moment however long it lasts.

Glad to be here.
    :wave: