Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Take a sip.

CittaCitta Veteran
edited October 2012 in Philosophy
" Whether sipping a glass of Brunello, savouring a piece of chocolate, going shopping for a suede shirt or silk underwear, making love, or hitting your thumb with a hammer, Enlightenment is there.
There is no need to look for it other than where you are. "

Ngak'chang Rinpoche.

Comments

• "That which we call 'I' is just impermanent, ownerless karma rolling along. Don't take it personally."

- Lama Surya Das, "Surya Says"
  • "I tell you, friend, that it is not possible by traveling to know or see or reach a far end of the cosmos where one does not take birth, age, die, pass away, or reappear. But at the same time, I tell you that there is no making an end of suffering & stress without reaching the end of the cosmos. Yet it is just within this fathom-long body, with its perception & intellect, that I declare that there is the cosmos, the origination of the cosmos, the cessation of the cosmos, and the path of practice leading to the cessation of the cosmos."

Rohitassa Sutta
    http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/an/an04/an04.045.than.html
    taiyakisova
  • Sadhu !
  • Thanks for those quotes. I'm in law school right now and it's getting very hard. In my weaker moments these last few weeks, I've been thinking that I can't do it, I'm not strong or smart enough, I'm going to fail.

I realize, however, that these are extremely egotistical thoughts, all centering on me in relation to others. There is no me. There are no others. There is only the present moment of studying, reading, and exams. Victory and failure are both imposters. Whether A or F, enlightenment is there. All I can do is what I do, and try not to worry about the rest.

Thanks again.
    Bunks