Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Monks, Nuns and abstinence

BunksBunks Australia Veteran
Apologies if this question is a little explicit for anyone's sensibilities but does anyone know if monks / nuns are allowed to masturbate?

Just interested.

Comments

• No.
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran
    Thanks - looks like I won't be becoming a monk anytime soon!!!!!! :D
  • howhow Veteran Veteran
    I believe Japan and Tibet both have a buddhist school that permits it.
    The ordained of those schools are sometimes viewed as laity by more traditional schools.
  • Oh, good point. I was thinking of the Patimokkha, which only Theravada monks follow these days, as far as I know.
  • I have heard something about some orders/schools allowing their monks to 'walk in the long grass with no underwear on', I am not entirely sure what that would do though.lol
    BunksRebeccaS
  • I read that that's explicitly forbidden in the Patimokkha.
  • how said:

I believe Japan and Tibet both have a buddhist school that permits it.
    The ordained of those schools are sometimes viewed as laity by more traditional schools.

Japan and Tibet have schools that allow marriage, and schools that allow "spiritual marriage". (In Japan, as I understand, those are one and the same thing.) In Tibet, 'spiritual marriage' means using a consort for certain ritual purposes.

• howhow Veteran Veteran
    Ok, I am back and ready to say that running commando through my neighbours prized ornamental grasses did little for me but certainly excited him..
    BunksZeroNiwalen
  • ZeroZero Veteran
    Niwalen said:

I have heard something about some orders/schools allowing their monks to 'walk in the long grass with no underwear on', I am not entirely sure what that would do though.lol

That would rub one's anus a treat! :D
    Niwalen