Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Site Seeking

I need some helpful sites on Zen Buddhism. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Zen

Helpful?
    Bunks
  • lobster said:

Zen

Helpful?

:shake:
  • howhow Veteran Veteran
    There are so many. What kind of help are you seeking?
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    The only one I know of is Zen Forum International.
  • Is there a site that teaches how to sit staring at a wall for nine years, without walls or sitting or preferably even Zen . . . that is what I need to know . . . :rockon:
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    You don't learn that from a site.
    You learn that with a living teacher.
    And practice.
    Start by sitting facing a wall, and move up from there.
    lobster
  • I would like to learn more about what differentiates Zen Buddhism. Is there more of a Taoist slant to the beliefs and practices? Is there a preferred method of meditation? Is there a Zen Buddhism online community I could learn from? Are any of you Zen Buddhists?
  • BonsaiDougBonsaiDoug Simply, on the path. Veteran
    Just to lighten things up a bit: this morning's posting on FB from Ven. Bhikkhu Samahita (a member here, who runs this site: http://what-buddha-said.net/)

RebeccaSlobsterZeroGentleJanet
  • We are being naughty :lol:

To answer some of your questions. I feel Zen, Chan, Dhyana has been influenced by many things, from flower raising to Taoism. Zen meditation is very similar to methods in other schools and is sometimes practiced kneeling. Just as easy/hard in a chair, though less pain for chair sitting cultures.
    GentleJanet
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

I need some helpful sites on Zen Buddhism. Any suggestions?

I came across this one: http://www.zenguide.com/forum/