Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

People Vs the State of Illusion

tmottestmottes Veteran
edited November 2012 in Buddhism Today

Seems to have a decent buddhist spin. It is premiering here in San Antonio, TX on Sunday.

Here is a review from Scientific American

Comments

• BeejBeej Human Being Veteran
    This is an idea I have been trying to pitch to friends and family for years and I'm always told I am wrong.... heh... so of course I am interested in this movie and will try to watch it! Thanks, @tmottes! But what's up with the overly dramatic orchestral music in the trailer? I was expecting an exorcism scene somewhere in there. lololololol :lol:
    tmottes
  • sovasova delocalized fractyllic harmonizing Veteran
    Lol you had me at "docudrama" xD

Jokes aside, I'ma check that out. Thanks for sharing @tmottes
  • It sounds like it might be a bit like The Secret? And the You Can Heal Your Life movie?
  • RebeccaS said:

It sounds like it might be a bit like The Secret? And the You Can Heal Your Life movie?

That is why I posted the review from Scientific American.
  • What do you mean?
  • RebeccaS said:

What do you mean?

I guess I equate The Secret with some shaky ideas and I associate Scientific American with non-shaky ideas. :)
    today's "shaky" is tomorrow's solid...
    tmottessova
  • today's "shaky" is tomorrow's solid...

I like that. Although, I might not be taking it in the manner you are giving it.

• tmottes said:

RebeccaS said:

What do you mean?

I guess I equate The Secret with some shaky ideas and I associate Scientific American with non-shaky ideas. :)
    I see what you mean. Same principle though? Change your mind, change your life?

It would be cool to see something a little less... Gaudy... Than The Secret talking about these ideas.
  • RebeccaS said:

tmottes said:

RebeccaS said:

What do you mean?

I see what you mean. Same principle though? Change your mind, change your life?

It would be cool to see something a little less... Gaudy... Than The Secret talking about these ideas.

Yes, similar ideas. This is a bit more buddhist (from my understand, I haven't seen it yet) in that it isn't focused on getting what you want from life (cars, money, material things, etc), other than happiness.
    take it however you want! that's why I left it vague! it's ALL choice, baby!
    sova
  • :clap:
    Beejsova