Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

About Wolfscalissi

edited June 2005 in Buddhism Today
I admit I caught my mind prejudging. When I first saw Wolfscalissi's picture of him with his hands in a praying position I thought to myself "Oh boy, this guy takes himself waaay too seriously". I assumed he was pompous and smug.
Since then, Wolf's posts have proven to be wise, insightful, and helpful. One of Wolf's posts suggested that we should sit and watch the show our mind puts on. Ever since then I have done just that and I had a bit of a breakthrough recently...a moment of clarity...and the meaning of Wolf's words came into crystal clear focus.
Wolf: I apologize for judging you and thank you, thank you for your helpful posts. :bowdown:

Comments

• comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited June 2005
    Sometimes I think Wolf is too serious but I value his insight. I am not sorry for the way I feel. I respect you Wolf no matter what and I am honored to have you walking on the path with me. Gassho.
  • emmakemmak Veteran
    edited June 2005
    I thought he was a little serious until I saw the smile on his face and the joy in his eyes in the photo of him and Isabella. Beautiful.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2005
    .... I still think he looks a little like Mr. Clooney in his avatar....! ;):)
  • emmakemmak Veteran
    edited June 2005
    Yes, yes he does....
    Reckon he knows we are all talking about him?
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2005
    Well, he soon will.... I'm advised of all posts, so he's bound to pop in sometime... he may call himself 'Wolf... but I think he's just a cuddly labrador puppy....*giggle*!! ;)
  • emmakemmak Veteran
    edited June 2005
    Yeah... give him a big smooch.
  • edited June 2005
    :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :lol::lol::lol::lol:

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Thank you all for pointing to my folly. I wish at times you might see the smile on my face. If we could meet face to face it would be a joy. I apologize for my words sounding so serious. This is serious busniess to me but I laugh and play as well. watch for my new avatar coming soon! ;)

^gassho^
    edited June 2005
    what!!!???!!! No more George Clooney!?!? You can't take away our pin-up!! :bawling::lol:
  • ZenLunaticZenLunatic Veteran
    edited June 2005
    Cold showers, Fed.... cold showers.
    edited June 2005
    ..... What.... him or me......?

Hya Zen, how's you?!? ;)
  • edited June 2005
    Hello. I am new to this forum, and hope you don't mind my contributing.

Wolfscalissi introduced me this site (thank you...it is a very nice e-sangha). I have to say that I really like meeting people first via words. So much more like a meeting of the minds, sometimes like a 'transmission'. Like the metaphor of '4 corners', to me Wolf's prescence is like one of those corners.
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited June 2005
    I also respect Mike because he has helped to show me things from a different angle. He is older than I am and has more experience in life. I would be foolish to not listen to him. His advice is more times than not right on. He shares his experiences with us freely and allows us to see his wisdom as well as his flaws. You can't ask more of someone than that. Three cheers to Mike and everyone esle here at newbuddhist.com!
    edited June 2005
    (I see the Mutual Appreciation Society has posted.....!!)
    Elohim.... you're attracting a few glances yourself.... seen the Members' photos thread? ;)
    edited June 2005
    Hey this is Wolf's thread. Talk about how handsome he is, not Elohim. Jeez Loiuse.
    edited June 2005
    sorry.... wrong thread..... :lol:
  • sattvasattva New
    edited June 2005
    Wolf, i like your hands in gassho. It acknowledges that you view all of us as Buddhas, even when we don't always act like Buddhas.

Blessings!

ps. i also like the photo of you and your daughter! :)
    edited June 2005
    I think we should all have avatars of ourselves with the gassho in front of our face. Then when people come to the site they will all think we have lost our minds. LOL :crazy:
  • edited June 2005
    I think we should all have avatars of ourselves with the gassho in front of our face. Then when people come to the site they will all think we have lost our minds. LOL :crazy:
    here I go getting all "serious" again

GASSHO:

The word /gassho/ literally means "To place the two palms together". Of all the mudras (symbolic hand-gestures or positions) we use, it is perhaps the most fundamental, for it arises directly from the depths of enlightenment. Its uses are many, but most commonly it is employed to express respect, to prevent scattering of the mind, to unify all polarities (such as left and right, passive and dominant, etc.) and to express the One Mind -- the total unity of Being. and exactly how would this make people think we had lost our minds? :confused:

I have a deep respect for thwe teachings of the Buddha and In that I am serious.

^gassho^ I bow to the Buddha in you
    edited June 2005
    I was just joking Wolf. Sorry if it offended you.
  • SabineSabine Veteran
    edited June 2005
    *lightens up thread*
    :woowoo:
    :cheer:
    Ahem, right. Anyway, I've never really gotten the chance to talk to Wolf yet, but he seems pretty cool ^_^
    edited June 2005

I had a keyring once which had the slogan
    "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."

One day, I lost it. And yes, I miss it!! :lol:
    My mind went AWOL ages ago.... it has been replaced by a small furry rodent eating liquorice allsorts....

Wolfscalissi, if Buddha knew you were sooooo serious - he'd probably have a good laugh! smile fellah, it's all illusory anyway! :)
  • SabineSabine Veteran
    edited June 2005
    federica wrote:
    My mind went AWOL ages ago.... it has been replaced by a small furry rodent eating liquorice allsorts....
    :)
    Sig-worthy! :bigclap: :lol: :bigclap:
    edited June 2005
    Sabine, happy to oblige... take it, remove the quote bit and use it as your own with pleasure, if that's what you'd like....!! ;):)

(Wuv de widdul bunny....!)