Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Smart meters

Rcently ive seen alot about the negative effects of smart meters. One of which is they discharge radiation. Then i saw some dude selling a cover for the meter to blanket most of the radiation. Apparently usuing tin foil to cover it then attaching the tin foil to the ground to act as a ground.( just like an electrical current)it does the same thing as what people are selling just cheaper and a diy thing without removing the meter.

Does anyone have information about smart meters?

Comments

• I can't see any point in even attempting to 'block' the EMF transmitted by these meters. It poses no dangers and what's the point in blocking one when we are surrounded by them from phones, tablets, PCs, public wifi, other people's smart meters, the list goes on.
    vinlyn
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    What's a smart meter? I heard that copper helps ground those EM fields....
  • zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran
    edited March 2013
    @Dakini Smart meters are those electrical gauges usually found somewhere outside your house that the energy companies use to determine how much energy you're using.

Does it really emit more EMF than everything else we're constantly surrounded by? Maybe it's something to look into if your smart meter happens to be on the other side of the wall where you tend to sit a lot or something...

This sorta seems like just another thing to put on my long list of unavoidable things to avoid that will probably kill me... like plastic... nail polishes... cell phones... wifi...
  • robotrobot Veteran
    I think a bigger concern for some than the radio waves they put out is the information that they are capable of gathering from your appliances about your lifestyle. Information that can be used to target advertising and such. I have been told that in future, modern appliances will be compatible with these meters and will be capable of transmitting data to them.
  • zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran
    robot said:

I think a bigger concern for some than the radio waves they put out is the information that they are capable of gathering from your appliances about your lifestyle. Information that can be used to target advertising and such. I have been told that in future, modern appliances will be compatible with these meters and will be capable of transmitting data to them.

Great. Now my couch is going to know all about my sex life...
    Vastmind
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    edited March 2013
    Protection for these types of things is really very simple and has been around for a while now.

VastmindzombiegirlBunks
  • DakiniDakini Veteran

@Dakini Smart meters are those electrical gauges usually found somewhere outside your house that the energy companies use to determine how much energy you're using.

Oh. I've been told that computers have pretty strong EM fields. As for wifi, I don't allow anything that functions via microwaves in my home environment; no wifi, no satellite dish, no microwave oven. No cell phone. I belong to the school that believes too much of that is potentially detrimental to one's health. Though these days, it's a losing battle. But you can buy little EM field defusers to wear around the neck.

MY tin foil is "scientific"! ;)